Hello Everyone!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
erukolindo

Hello Everyone!

Postby erukolindo » 08 Apr 2013 19:29

Hello everyone! I just want to post a question so I can introduce myself and learn a bit about the WILD technique.

Before joining this forum, I already knew about lucid dreaming. I've heard the term tossed around a bit so I'm familiar with it. Until recently, though, I had no intentions of learning how to do it. One day, my grandmother and I were looking at how to interpret a dream and found a link that lead us to this site (not really dream interpreting but interesting nonetheless). My grandmother thinks most of this LD stuff is fake but I truly believe it can happen. I spent about four days learning about LD and the different techniques so I think I'm now ready to try it. Last night I was lying in my bedroom completely relaxed. As I inhaled I thought, "the next scene" and when I exhaled I finished with, "will be a dream." After a few minutes or so the hypnogogic(sp?) stage began.

Now comes the part I have a question about. After a couple more minutes I felt as though I was in my room and in my head at the same time; that is to say, I felt like I was being surrounded by blackness instead if just looking at it while being aware of my presence in the bedroom. Slightly before this happened, maybe a couple seconds at the most, my heart started to race. I could feel it beating and it was was going pretty fast. As I was trying to slow it down my mother came in my room and I became completely aware of my room and the sensation stopped. What I would like to know is if I was getting too exited or if it was supposed to happen before entering a lucid dream state?

Thanks for reading my post!

By the way, I was continually thinking, "The next scene will be a dream." I didn't want to let my mind wander and I couldn't picture any places so I figured I would try to go wherever my dream put me. I don't know if that would make a difference but I figured I'd add that just in case I'm doing something wrong.

Je-Je

Re: Hello Everyone!

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 20:35

yes, everyone have that
Now comes the part I have a question about. After a couple more minutes I felt as though I was in my room and in my head at the same time; that is to say, I felt like I was being surrounded by blackness instead if just looking at it while being aware of my presence in the bedroom.
, Everytime when i go to sleep, i see some imagery very clear as if i was there. Even normal people have that.

So, for me the WILD method was the worst for me a beginner, but for other, this method is the best.
Wish you a lot of succeed with the WILD method. ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2013 08:44

Hi. :) It isnt uncommon for people to find their heart starts beating fast. This I believe often happens for reasons other then excitement.

There is nothing at all wrong not visualising a scene and allowing whatever dream to just form. I usually do things like that myself. Makes it more interesting as one doesnt have then any idea where one is going to end up finding oneself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

erukolindo

Postby erukolindo » 09 Apr 2013 20:26

Thanks, guys, for the help. I will try not to worry when I attempt a WILD again.

Return to “For Beginners”