Long Time Lucid Dreamer....sort of.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidLink

Long Time Lucid Dreamer....sort of.

Postby LucidLink » 09 Apr 2013 17:41

Hi guys so to introduce myself, ill start with how I began lucid dreaming. I was a child, and im not even sure how old, but on the weekends when I didnt have school I would sleep in for as long as I could. Even when I woke up, i would just get in a new position and force myself back to sleep. The main reason I did this was not for sleep however, but for the dreams. As i would sleep in I would have the most amazing dreams I still remember today. I would even wake up from some of these dreams, and while half asleep I would turn to a new position, go back to sleep and enter straight into a brand new amazing dream. What made these dreams so amazing? I was aware I was dreaming! Although, at the time, I just thought everybody dreamt like this. I had no idea what the term "lucid dreaming" was. And because of this, all my lucid dreams with zero controll. It was almost like I was still normal non-lucid dreams that I was lucid in. But they where amazing dream adventures of my childhood, and somtimes these amazing dreams would turn into nightmares. Now like i said I had zero controll, but I was lucid and aware I was dreaming, so whenever my amazing dreams took a turn for the worst, I would just wake myself up! So any time I got scared id force myself upwards with so much power that id actually wake up, but often, right upon waking up I would immedietially become scared again...and then I would realize, Oh no! Im still dreaming! Once that happened, id force myself upwards again with enough power to wake up, and sure enough I woke up. Only to find again that im still dreaming! After three or four tries of "waking up", I would finally actually wake up, scared and confused as to what was happening. But I never found out that I was actually lucid dreaming naturally, and the those strange nightmares I couldnt wake up from easily where just false awakenings! Instead I grew up into a teenager, and stopped dreaming all together. I never saw the value of dreams at the time, and soon I stopped remembering my dreams all together. I would have maybe one non lucid dream a month, and that was it. I began smoking alot of marijuana as well. Sure enough it seemed as if I was doomed to never dream again, or realize the amazing potential of lucid dreams that I had been lucky enough to discover accidently. Intill recently, (about 3 or 4 months ago), me and two other very close friends that I consider brothers, began to become spirutal. We became spirutal, because my two friends found a cartoon series on youtube called "Spirit Science" (and I highly reccomend all of you check it out, its brought me and my two friends much enlightenment, and now has put all three of us on a spirutal path that goes way beyond spirit science itself), and with this series we began to learn. ALOT. We also began to order tons and tons of books on the New Age. I now own over 20 books on the new age, some are from Amazon and some are from my local Barnes and Nobles. (Bet you didnt know Barnes and Nobles had a New Age section did you? Yep. The New Age is very real.) Now with all this spirutal knowledge from everything to sacred geometry, crystals, chakaras, astral projection/lucid dreaming, ancient toltec wisdom, the law of attraction, magic/magik, The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep, Books about DMT The Spirit Molecule, books about life after death, Kundalini, books on visualizations, and so much more, I began learning alot, and one day one of 2 friends asked me, "Have you ever heard of Lucid Dreaming?" and at this point, I hadnt really, so he began to explain to me. After we spent a good amount of time discussing it, I realized I had been doing that as a kid! I brought this up to him, and he was amazed seeing as he had never had a lucid dream before and neither had my other friend. But it was true, and with that my friend sent me to the world of lucid dreaming website. (Spirit Sciene also mentions it) and from there I soent every day searching the websites every nook and cranny. Ive read just about every article on the original website atleast three times, which is how I found about a couple amazing books. I reccomend all you lucid dreamers read The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep, Lucid Dreaming Gateway to your Inner Self (This one was VERY good and VERY informative about every aspect of lucid dreaming and I HIGHLY reccomend it), and also Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements. Ive read all three of those books, and they helped me greatly in all aspects of Lucid Dreaming. Which leads me to where I am now, remeber when me and friend first discovered I had been Lucid Dreaming my whole childhood? Well ever since that day I was DETERMINED to lucid dream again. I realized one thing, out of all the spirutal wisdom I am learning on my path, absolutely nothing is more important then dreaming. Dreaming, and lucid dreaming specificly is the key to EVERYTHING. So with this new found knowledge and dertermination, I did everything from Calea pills, to other supplements, to reality checks, ( I had already started mediating due to me becoming spirutal), to just about everything else I could do. I of course started a dream journal, which I have had for a little over two months now, and sure enough i had my "first" lucid dream right away. Ill never forget it, although it wasnt my first lucid dream, it was my first lucid dream with knowledge of lucid dreaming. All I did was walk outside of my house, admire the beauty of the world, and then I noticed an old man up the street. I had read alot about dream characters, and I was exicted to have my first real lucid conversation with one. I walked up to the old man and asked him his name, to which he replied "Old Man ........." ( I couldnt remember the exact name he used after Old man, curse hard to remember dream details! :twisted: ) and after that I asked him, "What do you reperesent?" To which he very strangely told me "She told me to be the tits for you" and after that I was so perplexed and shocked by his statement I woke up, to where I quickly wrote every detail in my dream journal. Now two months later, I usually lucid dream every single night. Im grateful for that too because I know many only have one a week or so. So im nineteen years old now, and this is where im at both in dreaming and life. Due to the vast amountsof research ive done, books ive read, and my own experience, I feel i am very knowledgable about lucid dreams so I plan on being a big help to this community and also to learn new things myself from them:) Well ill stop here but I have much to discuss in the future with all of you :)

DreamerMan99

Re: Long Time Lucid Dreamer....sort of.

Postby DreamerMan99 » 10 Apr 2013 00:20

I do the same thing - I usually have a shitload of dreams in the mornings and I wake up, record one, sleep, wake up, ect, ect. Well welcome to the forum and good luck in dreaming tonight :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 04:05

Hi there :)

Ive recently gone back to doing lucid dreaming too. It took me a bit longer then you to get back into things but Im now regularly LDing again.

Have fun with all your spiritual studies.. I suggest to join some real life groups of various things. You can experience some fairly amazing stuff out there if you do. Reading about things is one thing, experiencing for yourself another.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Pilar

Postby Pilar » 10 Apr 2013 04:42

Hello! I am Pilar, I really could relate to your post. Sounds familiar:)! When i would get a small disruption from a (L) dream; i was SO glad to go back to it. I had something to look forward to; i just knew i could change the out come, events or simply enjoy. Oh my, it's dream time. Sweet dreams... lucid dreamers. It is nice to be on board.
peace and light, Pilar

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 10 Apr 2013 14:23

taniaaust1 wrote:Hi there :)

Ive recently gone back to doing lucid dreaming too. It took me a bit longer then you to get back into things but Im now regularly LDing again.

Have fun with all your spiritual studies.. I suggest to join some real life groups of various things. You can experience some fairly amazing stuff out there if you do. Reading about things is one thing, experiencing for yourself another.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :) and I completely agree. I once read a quote I will never forget "The spirutal path is not a bunch a facts to be collected, it is a path to be followed." So you are so right. I need to get out there and find some real life groups! I've noticed from your other posts that you are very knowledgable about truth and spirit:) so I look forward to having future conversations with you as I am young, only 19, and I have much to learn! (And I feel like I've learned so much already ;p )

mia

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 15:58

Very happy you are here LucidLink.
Regarding your Old Man and his shocking statement: perhaps he was meant to 'nurture' your path/return to the dream world. An old man or old woman is a classic symbol for wisdom.
Here are 2 books that were important for me:
- Dictionary of all Scriptures and Myths by G.A. Gaskell
- A Dictionary of Symbols by Tom Chetwynd
I was introduced to these in Art School while doing my Fine Arts degree. They helped me make sense of a lot of things.
Also the artwork of Rick Rivet ( google him)
-Mia
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 10 Apr 2013 16:41

You know I like that interpretation alot! I was never sure what that meant but your interpretation makes the most sense! :) I will be sure to check those books out, I am always looking to increase my collection! Thank you!

Return to “For Beginners”