Not even close to Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Cloverfield

Not even close to Lucid Dreaming

Postby Cloverfield » 15 Apr 2013 23:27

Hi guys. I've been interested in Lucid dreaming for a couple of weeks now and have been reading a lot in to it. I've started doing various reality checks each day and I've signed up to Rebecca's email steps. The main problem for me is I can barely recall my dreams to even start a dream journal. Starting the dream journal increases memory for dreams and helps you discover dream signs but this is no good to me if I can't even begin. I would do anything to be able to control my dream and do anything I want and it's frustrating that nothing has even begun to happen yet. I'm debating on buying from http://www.lucidiadreams.com/ which will increase dream vividness and recall and could even induce lucid dreaming. It's pricey but if it works I would be all for it.
Last edited by Cloverfield on 16 Apr 2013 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Hypnosnail

Re: Not even close to Lucid Dreaming

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 00:21

Wow, I never knew they had a pill for lucid dreams.

I'd worry about taking a pill. You do need to enter fully into your dreams for your mind to process what you've learned through the day. If you do use it, I'd suggest doing it on a Friday or Saturday night, not before going back to school/work.

They also have special masks that will shine LEDs on your eyes when you reach REM.

I've never needed any of those, so can't say if they work.
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

Cloverfield

Postby Cloverfield » 16 Apr 2013 00:34

More of a supplement than a pill but I get what you're saying. It might just help for the first step of making vivid dreams so I can actual write them down when I wake up instead of the 2 or 3 WORDS I end up writing down afterwards.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2013 12:26

You are actually lessening your changes to have a LD due to attitude eg thinking you arent even close to having a LD could hinder you from having one, its something best not to be dwelling on as all you are doing is sending that negative message to your subconciousness which could stop it from working with you to have a LD (the more you think that, the more you will strengthen that thought). Also getting frustrated as its been 2 weeks and you havent had a LD yet.. that frustration isnt going to help at all either. Patience may be needed. Everyone is different.

You say you've only been interested in LD for a couple of weeks... that isnt long at all. Attitude can be very important when it comes to LD.

Do u have your dream journal sitting right by your bed each night with a pen.. if not.. you need to have it there. If you cant remember a dream whenever you awake.. then write in how you wake up feeling. Its important to start using the journal in some way to hopefully start waking up remembering some dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Cloverfield

Postby Cloverfield » 16 Apr 2013 13:31

Yeah my journal is right next to my bed but I usually feel nothing when I wake up. I used a dream graph last night on my phone and it showed that in 7 hours I had 2 dreams but the last dream finished about 2 and a half hours before I woke up. That's enough time to forget most of the dream. I may sound negative in this thread but I am a very optimistic person and I go to sleep each night believing that will be the night to have some affect on my dream so I don't think I'm hindering myself there. I am a very determined person so although it's only been 2 weeks I have spent many many hours reading up on numerous websites etc to get my brain to acknowledge that I want it to happen. We'll see how it goes.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Apr 2013 08:26

Cloverfield wrote:Yeah my journal is right next to my bed but I usually feel nothing when I wake up. I used a dream graph last night on my phone and it showed that in 7 hours I had 2 dreams but the last dream finished about 2 and a half hours before I woke up. That's enough time to forget most of the dream. I may sound negative in this thread but I am a very optimistic person and I go to sleep each night believing that will be the night to have some affect on my dream so I don't think I'm hindering myself there. I am a very determined person so although it's only been 2 weeks I have spent many many hours reading up on numerous websites etc to get my brain to acknowledge that I want it to happen. We'll see how it goes.

If it isnt going to interfere with school or a job.. you could try setting an alarm to wake u up at certain time during the night and hopefully wake you right in a dream which you will remember (then dont forgot to write it)... it could depend on your timing.

Or get around the cant remember the dreams issue be instead doing WILD as then one doesnt loose waking consciousness in the first place.

Most of us also go throu patches were remembering dreams may be harder to do.. maybe you could even be going throu a patch like that. (if that was the case, taking a break from things for a month and then coming back to it may be the best thing to do).

LucidAcademy

Postby LucidAcademy » 02 May 2013 04:05

If you don't remember what you consider to be a full dream upon waking, write down any images that you might have from the dream.

If no images, how did you feel right upon waking. Or how are you feeling when you have the pen in hand attempting to write? What was your first thought upon waking? What are you thinking when trying to write down your dreams?

One always feels something or thinks something. Direct your awareness toward these if you don't remember a full dream. Write these down. Get in the habit of writing upon waking and the dreams will come.

That supplement site looks a bit sketchy honestly. I've done all kinds of supplements and aids along my journey, and I got a bad feeling about the quality of those supplements.
Get exclusive access to the breakthrough new animated video training course on lucid dreaming. Grab one of the last spots while they are still available → http://LucidAcademy.com/ecourse/lucid-dreaming-mastery

Cloverfield

Postby Cloverfield » 07 May 2013 22:47

I just want something that will let me remember my dreams a bit better. Doing so will allow me to write them down and train my brain to remember them without the use of supplements. Then I can find a dream sign and perhaps do RC to that. Over a month and nothing though so far :(

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 May 2013 02:51

One of your dream signs (one which I believe everyone would have as I believe we probably all have false awakenings at times even if we arent aware of them) could be doing a reality check whenever you find yourself waking up.

Return to “For Beginners”