My personal method

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Hypnosnail

My personal method

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 00:02

First post here after a while of lurking. Hope to get some good replies. :D

I started lucid dreaming when I was about 8 years old. I remember having a dream where I was battling giant plants with a sword. (my dad raised pot, which I wasn't allowed to touch) In the dream, I remember thinking, "This is impossible!" So I realized I was dreaming and wanted to wake up. I went to the window in the upstairs bathroom and jumped out. I figured I'd wake up before I hit the ground. But I just rolled onto the grass. So I went to try it again, and woke up as I was climbing the stairs.

Since I was so young, I didn't think it was anything impressive. I've always had a really vivid imagination, so a lucid dream wasn't all that great. It wasn't until I hit puberty that I realized how fun a lucid dream could be.

They didn't happen often naturally, but I started getting in the habbit of thinking, if anything really out of the normal happens, I must be dreaming. Then, when I was in a dream, when weird things happend, which they usually did, I realized I was dreaming.

This went on for many years, having a lucid dream nearly every night, sometimes several times a night. The problem I always had was the dreams were just too short. Shortly after realizing I was dreaming, the dream would end and my mind would move on to the next dream. Anoying!

So instead of lucid dreaming, I now use hypnosis. I wrote an Android app that will put me in hypnosis, then reads a story I wrote to me. (see signature) This allows me to have longer "dreams" but I'm not sure if you can call it a "lucid dream" precisely since I wrote the story ahead of time.
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

Je-Je

Re: My personal method

Postby Je-Je » 16 Apr 2013 07:25

So instead of lucid dreaming, I now use hypnosis. I wrote an Android app that will put me in hypnosis, then reads a story I wrote to me. (see signature) This allows me to have longer "dreams" but I'm not sure if you can call it a "lucid dream" precisely since I wrote the story ahead of time.

Does it work, or do you make the dream of what you wrote????? :?:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Hypnosnail

Re: My personal method

Postby Hypnosnail » 19 Apr 2013 06:00

It works in that it's as real feeling as an LD. But the events in the session are linear, meaning they occur as I wrote them.

Maybe I'll write an LD "story" that teaches your subconscious how to LD when you enter sleep.
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

Return to “For Beginners”