Help with WILD and WBTB

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
clown

Help with WILD and WBTB

Postby clown » 17 Apr 2013 01:39

Hi guys its been a while. I've been trying to get into my second lucid dream but I'm facing a bit of a problem here. I tried the WBTB with WILD but when attempting the WILD, I don see any hypnagogia. I stay focused on trying to catch the hypnagogic images, occasionally changing my sleep position after 5-10mins. I woke up at 4am and I don feel sleepy, I felt rather awake. Is being too awake affecting me from seeing any hypnagogic images? Help me please.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Je-Je

Re: Help with WILD and WBTB

Postby Je-Je » 17 Apr 2013 06:00

Maybe you are too exicter, or maybe, so concentration on having a hypnagogia images this is why you are too awake.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Apr 2013 08:32

You do not need to see hypnagogic images to successfully WILD. When Im going good with WILD I have a LD about 50% of the time I try using that technique.. and I only get hynagogic images about 5% of the times I successfully LD (one in every 20 times I LD from WILD).. all the rest I LD without those images.

Maybe do what I do and just instead allow your brain to drift..while being just focused on the thought "I want to LD, so fall asleep while still awake" . There is many different things you can do while doing this to help.

I sometimes quietly chant (HAM on the inbreath throu my nose and SAH on the outbreath throu my mouth) while falling asleep and while holding that Im going into a dream awake (and you may suddenly notice you've stopped the physical chanting and have entered a dream) or observe my breathing while going to sleep (then at times Ive noticed I have two different bodies breathing at once at different rates.. my physical body and my dream self body.. once I notice this I can focus on my dream body and hence LD).

Everyone is different and how you enter LDs may or may be different to others you hear about.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

clown

Postby clown » 17 Apr 2013 09:49

So I shudnt focus too much on catching the hypnagogic images? Just relax and let it come?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2013 12:46

clown wrote:So I shudnt focus too much on catching the hypnagogic images? Just relax and let it come?

Relaxation is the key...

clown

Postby clown » 22 Apr 2013 02:02

What exactly is relaxation? Like wat does your body feel and wat does your mind think?

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 22 Apr 2013 08:00

clown wrote:What exactly is relaxation? Like wat does your body feel and wat does your mind think?

Go to sleep when you are tired and you will know what is relaxation.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 00:42

It helps LD if both your body and mind are relaxed (if you have racing thoughts about your day and falling asleep like that, it isnt at all conductive to LD). You need to let your mind go (but not to the point where you loose waking awareness, there is a very fine balance to it).

clown

Postby clown » 23 Apr 2013 02:39

Yes I usually have racing thoughts and falling asleep just like that. I woke up in the middle of the night and tried WILD-ing but haven't been successful, my mind just go thinking of something else on its own and then I realize it. I had one successful LD back about 6 months or so ago. Hadn't any luck right now. Wat can I do to improve?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 07:57

clown wrote:Yes I usually have racing thoughts and falling asleep just like that. I woke up in the middle of the night and tried WILD-ing but haven't been successful, my mind just go thinking of something else on its own and then I realize it. I had one successful LD back about 6 months or so ago. Hadn't any luck right now. Wat can I do to improve?

Practice meditation and learning how to be calmer if you want to do it the WILD way.

Return to “For Beginners”