Weird semi-lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidcruz

Weird semi-lucid dream?

Postby lucidcruz » 22 Apr 2013 23:23

Ok ill try to keep this short. I record my dreams in my phone sometimes and do reality checks but ive been unable to get a lucid dream. This morning after returning to bed I had a dream that i was screaming at a woman in a chair about me having a lucid dreaming. I kept telling her that i was lucid dreaming but she didnt talk. From what i remember it wasnt fully lucid because i asked her how to make my dream more lucid followed by me spinning around in circles. She just sat there and continued to stare at me as i felt myself losing lucidity it felt like the back of my head was be being stretched. I eventually woke up in a totally different place and layed down confused, this happened about 6 times before i finally woke up for real. Am i somehow having lucid dreams and forgetting them ?

taniaaust1

Re: Weird semi-lucid dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 08:04

I eventually woke up in a totally different place and layed down confused, this happened about 6 times

Those sound like false awakenings. If you do reality checks every time you wake up.. you should end up doing one in which you find you are dreaming.

. From what i remember it wasnt fully lucid because i asked her how to make my dream more lucid followed by me spinning around in circles. She just sat there and continued to stare at me as i felt myself losing lucidity it felt like the back of my head was be being stretched.

It is possible to dream one is having a lucid dream rather then really having waking consciousness and being truely aware via the waking consciousness in the dream.

I cant say if you had waking awareness coming into your dream or not or just dreaming you did.. you tell us.. only you can know what was going on for you at the time. Did you have waking awareness there or not? The fact you are doubting you were lucid makes me wonder if you were or not. Usually if a person was aware of a LD they know from how they were (not just VIA actions) that they were there with at least some waking consciousness. You cant say you forgot the dream as you remember it.. so you should be aware if you were aware in the dream or not. Was your "awake" self there?

If you were just dreaming with your dreaming self that you were having a LD.. it would probably represent that you are quite close to coming to the true realisation with your waking consciousness that you are dreaming within a dream. Having such a dream means your subconsciousness is working with you and could trigger you into having proper awareness (not just dreaming you have awareness)

or maybe you arent confused by the above and know you had a LD and rather the false awakenings part confused you.. its possible to have those over and over and it doesnt mean you are forgetting dreams inbetween. You were confused at the time by these as you were very close to becoming lucid in these. your waking self knew something wasnt right about the situations.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidcruz

Postby lucidcruz » 23 Apr 2013 16:29

thank you for your response. I think the main thing that confused me was that i was screaming at someone that i was lucid dreaming but it didnt become a ld just a regular dream ?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2013 01:51

lucidcruz wrote:thank you for your response. I think the main thing that confused me was that i was screaming at someone that i was lucid dreaming but it didnt become a ld just a regular dream ?

Things like that can actually trigger someone into realising they are dreaming (commonly do) but not always. Hopefully next time you talk about LD's or do anything like that in a dream.. it will trigger off your waking awareness so you are having a LD. You will KNOW when you had a LD, it will be very real to you as real feeling as real life and not be like one of your normal dreams.

Keep working on it.. you are extremely close to became truely aware in one of your dreams and succeding with your goal. The next time something like this occurs, you may have your first LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidcruz

Postby lucidcruz » 24 Apr 2013 20:04

Thanks for the advice I don't believe I have ever had an actual lucid dream so I'm hoping I can trigger one soon

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”