You're opinion please ?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ConnorAJSneddon

You're opinion please ?

Postby ConnorAJSneddon » 23 Apr 2013 23:15

Okay,

So a while ago I posted in this form explaining how I had done allot of research on Lucid Dreaming and I were going to to start back up again because I had gave up ect,

To cut a long story short I were doing really well (again) I preformed numerous RC's a day and my RC's would go like this, I would think to myself how I got to the place I were at and I would think about all the past events that had happened within the last few hours. I would then count my fingers three times to make sure I had five then I would try to push my finger through my palm and then rub the back of my hand.

I found this quite easy to remember and reasonably reliable (so I though) my dream recall improved massively (roughly 1-3 dreams a night) then I found myself preforming one of the RC's in my dream (the one were I would try to remember everything I had done within the last few hours) I believe it because a bad habbit more than anything as I were able to remember what I had done at the start of the dream.

Anyway eventually after not having any results I gave up on Lucid dreaming (again) :(!!

Which brings me to my main question. Last night I remember having a Lucid dream, something happened and I woke up (false awakening) and I don't know why but I prefored one of my RC's (counting my fingers) I then counted them to find that I had five fingers and one thumb so I checked them again and got the same result I instantly became Lucid but the state was very vague and I were losing control very quickly (this has happened in every Lucid dream I have had, a total of about 5, all ending very quickly as I am unable to control my dream state and fastly wake up) but some how I remember two techniques one being rubbing my hands together to try and get some clarity and the other being closing my eyes. So first I tried rubbing my hands together but I were unable to move my hands even slightly so tried closing my eyes which slightly controlled my Lucidity a little bit but I then had another false awakening and preformed the reality check again which resulted in the same way becoming lucid doing the exact same thing and then actually waking up in my real bed, I fealt as if this were the slightes bit of progress as I were able to stay Lucid for about 15-20 seconds in total and my usual amount is about 5 seconds, does anyone have any opinions on this absolutely anything would be very helpful and thanks in advance.

Just a small note, when I do become lucid I get a rushing feeling through my body which is very hard to explain its like my whole body is buzzing and my head is thumping and all I can hear is like thumping/buzzing I don't know if this is normal, opinions on this would also be very helpful.

Thanks,

Connor.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Keep getting so close and giving up :(!!

taniaaust1

Re: You're opinion please ?

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Apr 2013 01:42

When you became lucid.. did you have a goal in mind for such a time as that occurred? If one has a goal to aim for when one is lucid.. focusing on that can at times extend out the period of lucidity. When one has no goal, one is less focused in the LD and can even more easily come out of it.

What did you do in the short time you were lucid? or were you focused the whole time at trying to stay in the dream? I suggest if you have no goal, that the next time that occurs, try the "what's in my dream pocket?" challenge to try to get your mind more focused on the dream rather then thoughts that you are going to wake up.

It does sound as you did make progress. Think of it like learning to walk.. and every time you experience a short LD you are taking one more step towards walking learning to keep your balance (hold onto the LD) one could say.

That being said.. you did almost screw up your LD.

Do take care thou of doing another reality check esp of the same sort if your first checked out that you were having a LD .. having doubts like that can end up causing a false reality check with getting the wrong results (and hence either then loosing the LD due to confusion due to getting a different result or make you falsely think you are actually awake and not lucid and your thinking that you may not be in a dream can alter the results of the reality check and make things then appear normal). You are lucky that second check of hands when you doubted the abnormal count you got the first time, didnt screw things up for you.

If you do a reality check and it shows a weird result.. treat then your experience as a dream.. do not reality check further. (If it isnt a dream, you'd soon probably know anyway but it would be highly unlikely if you had a positive LD reality check for this to be a mistake).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ConnorAJSneddon

Re: You're opinion please ?

Postby ConnorAJSneddon » 24 Apr 2013 08:20

taniaaust1 wrote:When you became lucid.. did you have a goal in mind for such a time as that occurred? If one has a goal to aim for when one is lucid.. focusing on that can at times extend out the period of lucidity. When one has no goal, one is less focused in the LD and can even more easily come out of it.

What did you do in the short time you were lucid? or were you focused the whole time at trying to stay in the dream? I suggest if you have no goal, that the next time that occurs, try the "what's in my dream pocket?" challenge to try to get your mind more focused on the dream rather then thoughts that you are going to wake up.

It does sound as you did make progress. Think of it like learning to walk.. and every time you experience a short LD you are taking one more step towards walking learning to keep your balance (hold onto the LD) one could say.

That being said.. you did almost screw up your LD.

Do take care thou of doing another reality check esp of the same sort if your first checked out that you were having a LD .. having doubts like that can end up causing a false reality check with getting the wrong results (and hence either then loosing the LD due to confusion due to getting a different result or make you falsely think you are actually awake and not lucid and your thinking that you may not be in a dream can alter the results of the reality check and make things then appear normal). You are lucky that second check of hands when you doubted the abnormal count you got the first time, didnt screw things up for you.

If you do a reality check and it shows a weird result.. treat then your experience as a dream.. do not reality check further. (If it isnt a dream, you'd soon probably know anyway but it would be highly unlikely if you had a positive LD reality check for this to be a mistake).

Thanks for you're reply,

I guess my only goal at the moment is to stay lucid when I become lucid, its a hard enough task trying to remember to do that. Usually I just wake up a few seconds after I descover I'm dreaming but if you think the 'what's in my dream pockets" would maybe help I'll give it a try. Anything is progress at this point haha.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Keep getting so close and giving up :(!!

Return to “For Beginners”