I'm New! And inexperienced...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RoseMp

I'm New! And inexperienced...

Postby RoseMp » 02 May 2013 02:17

Hi!

So I've been having many dreams where I way some sort of phrase that says I'm dreaming, and usually its, "I'm dreaming!" But before addressing the problem, I'll tell some information about me. I am currently 14 years old (So I guess I'm relatively young?) and learned about lucid dreaming when I was 13. I have always had vivid dreams since I was young, and dream recall came naturally to me. Also, I have always somehow been able to jerk myself awake from nightmares at will, or dreams that are turning nightmarish. (I usually wake in recurring dreams because I know what's going to happen next) I usually wake up during the middle of sleeping, once or twice. I have usually been able to will my dreams to summon something/ do an impossible action, inspired by video gaming. Right now, I haven't been working too hard on my lucid dreaming journey, other than the usual dream journal and the occasional reality checks, because of school. I do have a few conflicts in my life. But back to the problem, it feels like I'm just saying empty words because nothing happens after I acknowledge that I'm dreaming. It feels as if I said it, but don't truly know it. I even try to make it lucid in the dream.(I try doing whatever I read here) First off, am I close? Should I be working harder for the lucid moment? (And also, I am really bad at relaxation, I have no idea why. Hypnagogia is hard for me to see, much less control.)
Thanks for taking the time to read such a long post~

TimeTravelerCat

Re: I'm New! And inexperienced...

Postby TimeTravelerCat » 02 May 2013 02:37

Hi! First off, since you have re-occurring dreams, you should program yourself (tell yourself) that whatever you keep dreaming about will make yourself lucid dream.

Also, you should try to find out what your subconscious is trying to tell you (your brain seems to be trying to tell you something from all your "re-occurring dreams"). There are resources online that will help you interpret your dreams.

You are gifted....From your message, it sounds like you are sort of aware of yourself dreaming already. That is REALLY good! Keep it up!

~ Meow

LucidAcademy

Re: I'm New! And inexperienced...

Postby LucidAcademy » 02 May 2013 03:59

When you ask yourself if you are dreaming inside your dream, make sure to do the reality check. Once you've done that and it is a dream, you don't need to make it into anything it is not.

You can simply walk around the dream if you like. Or you could explore the laws of the dream world. With this it is best to examine your purpose for lucid dreaming and to make sure you know what you want to do when you become lucid.

Videogames can actually help dream control, as we get used to manipulating a dream-like reality. It becomes second nature and our subconscious accepts this ability.

Sounds like you are well on your way :)
Get exclusive access to the breakthrough new animated video training course on lucid dreaming. Grab one of the last spots while they are still available → http://LucidAcademy.com/ecourse/lucid-dreaming-mastery

Return to “For Beginners”