Three problems. Help, please?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
flairina

Re: Three problems. Help, please?

Postby flairina » 09 Sep 2011 22:29

magicdog93 wrote:try and do the reality check its easy for beginners,
i have no idea about your autism, i have a friend who is autistic by the way,
i don't think there is any other way for me to try and help,sorry

Been doing reality checks for a while, they don't seem to be havng any effect. :(
That's okay,I didn't think anyone really would.
That's okay, thanks anyways. :)

flairina

Postby flairina » 13 Sep 2011 01:48

FINALLY! SOMETHING WORKED!!! :D Got a 16 minute FILD (Finger Induced). But for some reason I had a sort of "partial" control, not full control. I was under the impression it was either no control, or full control. Anyone else ever gotten this?

alpacatackler

Postby alpacatackler » 13 Sep 2011 13:34

I actually think having only partial control is pretty normal, especially for beginners.

Also, if you dream in 3rd person almost always then that is one pretty obvious dream sign! You can use that to your advantage. If you don't have a dream body that you are in (because you're in a watching perspective with no control) then some of the usual reality checks (like trying to put your fingers through your hand) might not work for you. But here's a suggestion: what about when you are playing video games in a 3rd person perspective, do a reality check every so often. Like maybe check to see if you're holding a game controller, or look for the status display in the corner of your screen where it displays your HP or the map or whatever, and see if it makes sense, or maybe look at the character you are watching and ask if it's one from one of your games or whether it's yourself. Or think of something else if those don't work. If you get into the habit of doing this every time you're watching something from a 3rd person perspective, then eventually you'll get lucky and do it in a dream.

flairina

Postby flairina » 26 Sep 2011 10:25

Managed another FILD, this time with almost no control. Still cool though. :D Weirdly, I think the FILD was in the dream itself- I somehow went into a dream in the dream, and was later woken up in the ream by my dream mom. Cool... :o

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 04 Apr 2015 22:39

alpacatackler wrote:I actually think having only partial control is pretty normal, especially for beginners.

Also, if you dream in 3rd person almost always then that is one pretty obvious dream sign! You can use that to your advantage. If you don't have a dream body that you are in (because you're in a watching perspective with no control) then some of the usual reality checks (like trying to put your fingers through your hand) might not work for you. But here's a suggestion: what about when you are playing video games in a 3rd person perspective, do a reality check every so often. Like maybe check to see if you're holding a game controller, or look for the status display in the corner of your screen where it displays your HP or the map or whatever, and see if it makes sense, or maybe look at the character you are watching and ask if it's one from one of your games or whether it's yourself. Or think of something else if those don't work. If you get into the habit of doing this every time you're watching something from a 3rd person perspective, then eventually you'll get lucky and do it in a dream.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have this problem, and I finally found an answer to my problem. Use movies aand games as a dream sign, it was in front of me the whole time, the things I do most is playing & making games and watching TV & movies! Thank you!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
First Lucid Dream Birthday: April 22
Number of Lucid Dreams: 2

Return to “For Beginners”