Advice please?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ithrilian

Advice please?

Postby Ithrilian » 11 May 2013 10:12

Hey everyone, I have tried Wake Back To Bed last night. I went to sleep at 22:00 PM, got up at 4:00 AM, read about LD for 30 min, got back to sleep, tried to stay conscious, but nothing happened for 30 min. Suddenly I felt like my whole body was vibrating and I could see some light (like when you close your eyes and look at bright light or the sun), the I tried to become more conscious, but the vibrations were gone and light started to fade. I returned to normal state :D

Can someone explain and give me some advice? I have been trying to LD for 4 days, had 3 very vivid LDs, 1 night no memories.

Thanks in advance :)
Nenad Mikovic

danielnoor10

Re: Advice please?

Postby danielnoor10 » 12 May 2013 18:20

The vibration is a good sign. It's probaly the start of Sleep Paralysis, a good start!

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 12 May 2013 18:36

You were falling asleep with your mind awake, it seems. That was almost an unintentional WILD there!
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 May 2013 19:23

Ithrilian wrote: Suddenly I felt like my whole body was vibrating and I could see some light (like when you close your eyes and look at bright light or the sun), the I tried to become more conscious, but the vibrations were gone and light started to fade. I returned to normal state :D

Can someone explain and give me some advice? I have been trying to LD for 4 days, had 3 very vivid LDs, 1 night no memories.

Thanks in advance :)

Sounds like you are going very well.. you may of ended up going into an out of body experience if you'd gone with the flow more (vibration is the astral body trying to separate as it does when one falls asleep and very bright light is classical OBE stuff.. like the bright light at the end of the tunnel many experience when they have near death experiences/OBEs on operating tables etc). OBEs can be very different to LDs as they can take place so close to physical reality so you may be able to experience our real world while out of body but do fun stuff still thou like floating etc (not all OBEs have the subconsciousness playing a part.. its the subconciousness which creates a dream).

If things are happening, try not to change what you are doing until you find yourself somewhere else whether in a LD or having an out of body experience (or a mix of those two things). Relax and let whatever experience you are about to have unfold.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ithrilian

Postby Ithrilian » 12 May 2013 20:49

Thanks everyone, that was really helpful :D
Near death exp. haha I heared about that, but you got me there :D haha

Thanks everyone, really, you just got me motivated!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Nenad Mikovic

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 May 2013 11:45

Ithrilian wrote:Thanks everyone, that was really helpful :D
Near death exp. haha I heared about that, but you got me there :D haha

Thanks everyone, really, you just got me motivated!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

ohh. hope my comment didnt freak you out, I should of avoided that word, wasnt thinking. You should know you arent "near death"!! .. I suck at some of my explainations of things at times. You are safe.

Sander

Postby Sander » 16 May 2013 12:51

Ithrilian wrote:I have been trying to LD for 4 days, had 3 very vivid LDs, 1 night no memories.

is this even possible??? :s
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 May 2013 07:48

Sander wrote:
Ithrilian wrote:I have been trying to LD for 4 days, had 3 very vivid LDs, 1 night no memories.

is this even possible??? :s

Yeah some people LD very easy as long as they arent believing its going to be a hard thing to do.

This is where some can get hung up and find things much harder cause they come to sites such as this and someone tells them it is hard, which can then impact some who would of otherwise found it to be quite easy. No one knows how easy or how hard another is going to find this stuff till they try it themselves. Best to never compare yourself to others.

Ithrilian. are you doing WBTB with WILD? (trying to stay conscious when you fall asleep and then having a LD with only a very brief lapse in consciousness or no lapse at all).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 May 2013 08:28

Inspector V wrote:What exactly is sleep paralysis...that is, why do we want it and what is it for?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

You'll know when you have sleep paralyses.. as you wont be able to move (except with INTENSE effort, some dont work out how to get out of that state without advice so panic when they experience it).. its like being paralysed. If experienced you can break it by putting ALL your effort in moving a finger or a toe (dont try to move your whole body at once as that wont usually break it).

Dont worry it. It can be the result of wanting to do LD and is a sign that you are falling asleep (your body is asleep and wont move), so a result of trying to do this. Thing is as it isnt necessarily at all for LD to get, dont worry about aiming for it. Keep your aim of the LD focus. If you get it thou it can be a sign that you are close to having a LD or an OBE, so is a good time to try to roll out of your body (just dont think of body being separate then try to roll out of bed).

Ithrilian

Postby Ithrilian » 22 Jul 2013 12:50

I just logged in after long time and looked at my posts, I don't think anyone reads this anymore, but if someone looks at this, just know that I didn't have any LDs yet. It was a typo in my first post, sorry about that, I wanted to say that I had 3 vivid regular dreams, but it looks like I forgot what I wanted to type haha :) No need to post here anymore.

P.S. Thanks everyone for replying!
Nenad Mikovic

Return to “For Beginners”