Was I close

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DeltaV

Re: Was I close

Postby DeltaV » 17 May 2013 19:13

Well, you were aware of the fact that you were dreaming, so yes, that was a lucid dream!
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 May 2013 08:34

Do you ever get sleep walking? You could if you are acting out your dream like that. What you did was the equalivant of what sleep walkers do but you didnt go as far as that. I'd advise for you to take care what you do in LDs if you may act them out in real life. Sleepwalkers have been known to really hurt themselves. (my daughter ran throu a window while sleepwalking and cut her face all up.. her sleepwalking wasnt connected to LD).

OR

You could of had a failed reality check and still been asleep. It may be a good idea to incorporate several kinds of reality checks in case one kind fails you, till you know what is going on.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 May 2013 03:11

Inspector V wrote:I have sleep-walked once or twice, actually.

You obviously are going to have to be careful then what you do in a LD due to risk (thou not likely but risk there still) that you may act out... maybe best not to go jumping of any high buildings or do anything like fighting or stab someone in a LD just in case!

I was a bad sleepwalker as a teen but by the time I got into lucid dreaming I'd outgrown the sleepwalking so never had any incidences of LD sleep walking stuff.

I once had a dream in which I'd walked around my local town and actually woke up outside trying to get inside of my house :shock: (what was worst Id gone to bed not wearing clothes and still wasnt, very unnerving.. I made my boyfriend locked the door each night and hide the key after that one). Another time I woke up outside after dreaming I'd been sitting on my houses roof (who knows), then there was a time I woke up, almost badly burning myself as I had a real mug in my hand and had boiled the kettle in my sleep and was about to pour boiling water into the mug I was holding. (My daughters sleepwalking was probably genetically inherited I think from me).

Best luck.. if you are young you may grow out of it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”