Hello everyone!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Toby

Hello everyone!

Postby Toby » 02 Sep 2011 17:38

Hello!

I read it was good custom to tell a little about yourself when logging in to the forum. I am new here, but have hat lucid dreams for some years. It started 8 or 9 years ago. It just happened and then I wanted to understand it and read some books. I also had some quantity of OBE's, some of the very scary. But I had also very beautiful, say psychedelic lucid dreams. I dropped the subject for some years, but now the lucid dreams visit me again, and it's a good feeling, like an old friend coming back. So I thought it would be a nice idea to communicate on these dreams in order to understand them better. Perhaps the friend will stay this time. Also, I am a little scared that eerie OBE come again, and if so, I don't want to be alone with it (perhaps someone else has made similar experiences and has some ideas).

That's all for now, Toby

PS: As you might guess, I'm not native in English, so if something is strange...

Mewie

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Mewie » 02 Sep 2011 20:19

Hello Toby. :D
Welcome to the forum! It's an amazing place.

Have nice dreams!
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

Jonathan

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Jonathan » 03 Sep 2011 22:48

Hey Toby, welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing about some of your OBEs. Feel free to share, if you'd like! :)

Toby

Something on OBE

Postby Toby » 05 Sep 2011 13:34

Hi Jonathan,

okay, some stuff on OBE... Currently, I don't have OBEs (and I don't miss them). I'm not very fond of them as you will see. At the moment I'm having only lucid dreams (last one this night...) But I had say two dozen OBEs some years ago within say a year. First, it wasn't real OBEs. At night I thought that my bed was moving, like a ship on sea. Also, there was often a distinct feeling that someone was tearing away my blanket rather forcefully. Often I felt that my feet were lifted out of the body, them dropped, them lifted again. For some time I just thought, what crazy dreams I have. At that time, I didn't know anything about OBEs. Then one night I felt the same crazy things and then a spinning movement of my body, as if I was spinning within myself. Gradually, I rolled out of my body and sort of fell (with my immaterial body luckily...) out of the bed. I had problems to move but lifted myself up to my feet with an effort. Then I looked to my bed. I didn't really see myself because my vision was somehow blurred, but I suddenly understood that I was outside my body (or at least felt so, I do not claim, that one really leaves one's body...). I got very frightened and hopped back into my body.
This experience occurred several times. With time I realized that if was "harmless". I tried to explore the experience. But often in OBEs my body feels extremely heavy and vision is blurred. (While in lucid dreams I never have such problems.) I walked around a bit in my house. But in OBEs I never had the feeling of freedom and control that I naturally feel in lucid dreams.
Often, the "pre-OBE" feeling like the moving feet and the swinging of the bed, occured without a real OBE, and I found this disturbing. Also sometimes I had difficulties in finding back to my body and "reconnecting" with it. Because OBEs were rarely pleasent, I tried to avoid them and I focused more on lucid dreaming. Once I tried to play the piano in an OBE but my body felt heavy and I couldn't really move my fingers and the sound of the piano was shrill and harsh.
The best thing that OBE taught me was the spinning of the body. I learnt (and did so last night) that I can go from the feeling of spinning inside myself directly to a lucid dream. The feeling of spinning is that unique and doesn't occur in normal life, that I instantly know in what state of mind I am. But then I try not to "roll out" as I described before, but to keep rolling within my body and then to focus on the dream that I want to have (mostly visually). Then I normally find myself within the scenery that I wished for.
So this is some of my OBE experience and why I'm not enthusiastic about it. To me the difference between OBE and lucid dreaming, is that in an OBE I feel distinctly out of myself, while in a lucid dream I feel within myself (the latter being a much more safe sensation).

So that's for the moment on OBE. Bye, Toby

Return to “For Beginners”