My first 'lucid' experience...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Emily

My first 'lucid' experience...

Postby Emily » 24 Sep 2011 00:40

I had a really strange dream the otehr night, but I'm not exactly sure if it was lucid or not!

I can't remember much of it up until the point where one of the dream characters actually began to'instruct' me on how to enter a lucid dream. Everything became super vivid after that, and I even began to spin around in circles and rub my hands together- I remember reading that it helps sustain lucidity. Thing is, I don't know if I was controlling it, or if it was just part of a made up dream. :\ It was a really odd sensation, almost as if I was only partially lucid. Has anyone else ever felt this way?

Toby

Re: My first 'lucid' experience...

Postby Toby » 24 Sep 2011 16:12

Hi Emily!

to know that you dream, while you dream, to me is sufficient for a lucid dream. So yes, I'd say, first lucid dream :D Congratulation!

In my experience, there are very different types of lucidity. It's a vast field of pre-lucid, super-lucid and so on. Control of the dream takes a little practice. The first LD experience is so exciting that it's difficult to control it at the same time.

Toby

jamjam

Re: My first 'lucid' experience...

Postby jamjam » 25 Sep 2011 20:02

Well I had a similar experince were I drempt about lucid dreaming. I think you were researching so much that you dreampt about lucid dreaming! Sorry about grammar and spelling but I just woke up... zzz
jamjam

Return to “For Beginners”