shared a dream with sister and nephew

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
momof2

shared a dream with sister and nephew

Postby momof2 » 10 Oct 2011 13:50

I had a dream one night that everything was flooded out and we had to stay on our roof tops and get around by row boat. Long story short I told my younger sister and she said she had the same dream and we sat and talking about key things that we could remember. Later on that day I was picking my daughter along with my niece;s and nephews up from school and My one nephew told me he had a stange dream last night I asked him about it and couldn't believe what I was hearing!!! He as well had the same dream. Many times after the three of us have had that same dream on the same night. Not sure what to make of it, it is always the same flooding dream. What is the connection????? What does this mean???

jamjam

Re: shared a dream with sister and nephew

Postby jamjam » 10 Oct 2011 14:39

This is called mutual Dreaming or dream telepathy. It isn't scientifically proven but many people report shared dreams. I've had a shared dream once and we both recalled every detail. I use this as a telephone to call my friends. We all became lucid and it is very fun! It is usually with close friends or loved ones. I think you should learn lucid dreaming.
Last edited by jamjam on 12 Oct 2011 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
jamjam

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Oct 2011 21:02

It might be possible to share a dream. I've had two experiences like this with my wife. There is still no concrete proof of telepathy but it might be a reality. I often imagine that our minds might be quantum entangled. In quantum physics, this phenomenon is very real.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 11 Oct 2011 11:44

That's cool. I'm very facinated by Shared Dreams. I haven't tried it yet. :)
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

momof2

Postby momof2 » 11 Oct 2011 12:49

@ Jamjam~ This is something you make happen? I thought it just happens. WOW! So If this is something that you can make happen, How do you do it? My sister and I have had this flooding dream for years nad every morning we talk about it but never with my oldest nephew he just poped in one night lol. So was it her having this dream and she pulled me in or did I pull her in or is it something we did together? I have had "the gift" since I was a kid, could this be the cause? I don't controll it, it just works on it's own. Please tell me more about how to make yourself have these kinda dreams.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 11 Oct 2011 21:09

Mutual dreaming is almost certainly real, although no real proof has yet come to light, just anecdotal evidence. Intentionally Initiating these kind of dreams is still unknown however, and i'd imagine very difficult. Good luck if you choose to try though :)
Dreaming is my drug

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 11 Oct 2011 22:39

First, while you are dreaming become lucid. Secondly, picture the person you want to be with. Thirdly, try to make that person lucid. Finally, do whatever you want together! Side note: this person may not recall the dream either because they forgot it or you didn't make the real copy. They might recall the dream after awhile.
Mutual dreams often occur at the same time so go to bed around the same time. Avoid getting too excited or you may wake up. This phenomenon only occurs between close friends and loved ones because they know each other very well. Sometimes the similar DNA may be the cause of mutual dreams. It doesn't matter how far away you are but still try to go to bed at the same time. Once I had a mutual dream with a friend but I recalled it a week later. Another time I had to use a time machine because I already missed his REM stage lol. I hope you can have a long vivid lucid mutual dream!

Sincerely, jamjam
Last edited by jamjam on 12 Oct 2011 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
jamjam

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 11 Oct 2011 22:46

BTW I do have ways to initiate mutual dreams so haha :D

momof2

Postby momof2 » 12 Oct 2011 12:59

really!! Wow I really do think this is so cool. But when I told my sister all about the site and that we could try and make it happen again she kinda just looked at me like I had 7 heads lol Guess she isn't up for another round :(

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 12 Oct 2011 22:23

I guess some people just never experienced a lucid dream. Lucid dreaming was just recently proven to be real. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 10 years for people to except mutual dreams as "real". Quantum psychics states that one atom\particle can be at any place at any time. I don't think that dreams are created by just your brain. Think that brainwaves might have something ti do with mutual dreaming. Hopefully one of you will experience a mutual dream soon as for me, I'll be mutual dreaming with some of my close friends even if we are 10 km apart :D

Return to “For Beginners”