Hi, everyone!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Seth

Hi, everyone!

Postby Seth » 18 Oct 2011 10:51

I'm new here. I found this site and forum very helpful in my attempts at lucid dreaming. Being more or less experienced in meditation and other consciousness exploring techniques, it seems to go pretty well for me so far. I didn't really have any vivid lucid dreams yet. A few times I became aware of being in a dream, but most of the time the dream world would start to dissolve and I soon woke up (sometimes even remained in sleep paralysis). The closest thing to a lucid dream was those two times during the sleep paralysis. It wasn't very pleasant, although it was interesting. I felt like I was being possessed by something that's trying to tear my body apart. I even felt rapid body temperature changes and pain! Almost thought I was losing my mind, but it happened only twice when I was stressed and sleep deprived. I am currently practicing the WILD method and I hope I will soon have some experiences to share.

kakes 411

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby kakes 411 » 21 Oct 2011 01:14

Is anyone there?

-GLadOS

wait, does anyone get that reference?
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

(Used to call them "dreams where you know you're dreaming")

timcal

Postby timcal » 21 Oct 2011 01:30

Vibrations, sensations, and loud noise means you are not ready to separate, they are caused by your physical and non physical bodies being out of sync. They happen right before you are ready and not when you are ready. Either forcing your way out or trying to pull away will only weaken you and pull you back in. Relax and just let them pass so you can enter the quiet zone. I am just passing this information from an expert but it has worked for me.

Seth

Postby Seth » 21 Oct 2011 11:41

Yes, I'll try to keep that in mind. It did happen to me only twice, so I wasn't ready for such experience. Honestly, I would rather first have a normal lucid dream and then after some time start experimenting with OBEs. Thanks for your reply.

Return to “For Beginners”