First Wild Attempt

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Brennan500

First Wild Attempt

Postby Brennan500 » 19 Nov 2011 16:58

So i attempted my 1st wild today. I just wanted to know if you guys had any pointers and tell me if im doing anything wrong because i am a beginner. So after i woke up i laid there and tried to relax for my body and tried not to move. I was doing good and was counting every time i took a breath in or out. As i became more relaxed my body started to feel tingley. Then if felt as if a heavy led blanket and it felt as if i was sinking into the bed. I assume this is the beggining of sleep paralysis. One thing i was worrried about was me not being able to move. Another thing was i didn't see any hypnogogic imagery and i dont know why. After a while of laying nothing was happening so i opened my eyes and got out of bed. My body was tingley and was twitchy and i felt like i might fall down. Is this normal? Also how can i get past this part that i am stuck on. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

ZexionLover411

Re: First Wild Attempt

Postby ZexionLover411 » 20 Nov 2011 19:07

Not everyone sees hypnotic imagery. I've also tried the WILD technique but i did it from being fully awake then doing meditation to relax my body then i got in bed and laid still (although i always get bored and just go to sleep :lol: ). Once your body falls asleep you should try to move your dream body from your physical body without getting up, try to float out of your body. and the effects of sleep paralysis are still with you since your dream body and physical are in the same position your limbs will feel heavy when you try to get up if your body really is sleeping. If it's not and you just got out of bed and you're still awake your limbs might feel a little tingly mine did too. oh and also if you get too worried about not being able to move it might throw off the WILD attempt. I read on this site that some people hear a loud buzzing that can make your heart race and throw off the attempt too, so just stay calm and relax. :)
~ZexionLover411~

Brennan500

Re: First Wild Attempt

Postby Brennan500 » 21 Nov 2011 23:30

Thanks for the help im still trying and haven't had one yet but hopefully soon!

Return to “For Beginners”