Wierd Lucid Dream Problem

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidDreamingX

Wierd Lucid Dream Problem

Postby LucidDreamingX » 27 Nov 2011 20:44

Hey everyone I'm new to all this and I have a weird problem. When I'm in a dream and I realize Its a dream, Its like I have to go to sleep in the dream to become Lucid. I cannot just accept that It is a dream. I have to go to sleep and then Lucid Dream. And even when i go to sleep in the dream it is'nt clear or even a Lucid dream. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if anyone has a solution to this. Thanks

Gooeymaw

Re: Wierd Lucid Dream Problem

Postby Gooeymaw » 07 Dec 2011 02:55

I don't have that exact same problem, but I think I have a similar one. Sometimes I will become lucid and I feel the urge to close my eyes. I will be aware that if I close my eyes I might very well wake up for real, but all the same, I MUST close my eyes. I guess that's a bit like your having to fall asleep again. In my case I sometimes do wake up, but other times the lucid dream continues. I am not sure why it occurs, but perhaps it's just something you and I both must over come. I wish you good luck with that. I can't stand having to close my eyes in a dream.

LucidDreamingX

Postby LucidDreamingX » 17 Dec 2011 07:00

I know. Its a wierd problem and I have tried the WBTB method and that helped me not have to shut my eyes in the dream. I suggest you try it if you havent yet.
Best Luck

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Dec 2011 17:23

I don't have the same problem, but I have a difficult time accepting that it's a dream and that is still a problem for me. This is why I think a lot people, including me just wake up when they're lucid dreaming. For me there was this initial shock because dreams are supposed to be this fuzzy unconscious state where things are not really real. I think lucid dreams mess up that perception because they are just like waking reality and it doesn't compute. My advice would be to work on the acceptance of it being a dream. Try to say to yourself in the dream: This is O.K., dreams are just as real as waking life and I can be in a dream without being asleep. I think after your first LD, it takes an entire mental adjustment. I'm still trying to fit this whole thing into my perception of what "reality" is which is kind of messed up now, but I love it!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”