Problem with lucid dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Nienor

Problem with lucid dream

Postby Nienor » 19 Dec 2011 03:47

Hello!
I am new to this and I have a problem.
Almost every time I dream I know that I am dreaming, but the problem is every time I become aware of the fact that I'm dreaming, I start to wake up and I can feel it how my body is going to wake any second and I really don't want that, so I really struggle to keep on dreaming, sometimes I try so hard that I wake up really tired because of that. But it doesn't work, I always wake up so quickly. I am also not sure If my dreams are lucid or not, they're quite fuzzy, they're not like walking reality as some of you describe it. I would like them to be like walking reality but I don't know how and I laso don't know how Not to wake up every time when I realize that I am dreaming. any advice?
Thanks

R99

Re: Problem with lucid dream

Postby R99 » 19 Dec 2011 04:10

Hello, i think its a simple problem, its happens to every beginner. Did u really read all the articles in this website, the way of your question is makes me feels like u didnt even know the basics of LDs. Try to read about it for an hour in everyday and also visualise the things u wanted to do in next LD. The only thing is blocking u from LD is YOU. Leave all the past expearience of dream behind. Start from 1, ok. Its a new skill 2 ur brain so its take time. Its just like learning to ride a bicycle. And most of all dont get frustrated. The skill is valuable dont leave the idea of LD. Have a gud day
I see the Truth now.

Nienor

Postby Nienor » 19 Dec 2011 22:06

Thank you for your answer and you're right, I haven't read all the articles yet, but I'm getting there.
Hope it works, I really want to start lucid dreaming.
Thanks again!

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 19 Dec 2011 22:35

I don't know how new you are to Lucid Dreaming, but I found an adequate amount of material for myself as a beginner :)

It definitely seems you're having experiences (however fleeting) of lucidity, I just started my dream journal this morning :) In the past, though, I've read about dream stabalizing as an easy but important thing, and there are good articles here for that and other things to improve LDs greatly.

I wouldn't rush it, mostly because I feel that would be counterproductive, but if it works for you, then do it :) I'm looking foreward to hear when things improve.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Return to “For Beginners”