Hello fellow dreamers! Obe and Lucid the same?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidDreamer

Hello fellow dreamers! Obe and Lucid the same?

Postby LucidDreamer » 06 Jan 2012 13:33

What a fantastic forum! Unfortunatly nobody I knows lucid dreams, so most of my experiences have been kept between me and my dream diary.

I have suffered with what I call night terrors all my life. When in bed, I wake to find people in the room, dark shadows and that left me with a fear of what bumps in the night. As a teenager I was refered to a sleep clinic in London, but I never kept up the appointments and have lived with this nightly occurence over since..

Im now 32 with two children, and over the last year or so I have instead of fear the night,started to embrace it. The awful sleep paralysis and dark hallucinations I have acciently found, can lead me to the most wonderful lucid dreams..

I lay in bed knowing sleep paralysis follows, and then a terrible buzz in my head (this used to scare me to wake, and panic my way out of paralysis) If I can get through the buzz, I can either enter into a lucid dream..OR lately, roll out of my body. My question what is the difference between a lucid dream and an OBE? Is this just a matter of belief that it is beyond a dream? I do know that when I roll out of mybody, it feels far more real and intense than a entering into a dream with Lucidity..

Well, a big hello to you all from the UK , its so good to see so many people so connected with their dreams,whatever their beliefs.. And I shall be hovering around reading up on all your experiences and tips :)

Ky x

Ivanna

Re: Hello fellow dreamers! Obe and Lucid the same?

Postby Ivanna » 06 Jan 2012 14:44

Hi there,

Here is quite a good link I have found about the differences between OBEs and LDs: http://www.robertpeterson.org/obe-vs-lucid.html

Hope you find it usefull,

Ivanna
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

LucidDreamer

Postby LucidDreamer » 07 Jan 2012 17:08

Brilliant, thank you ivanna :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2012 19:59

at this stage science cant explain it and the believers have their own opinion so observe your own experiance and enjoy. Whatever you decide is correct

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidDreamer

Postby LucidDreamer » 07 Jan 2012 21:40

I have to say, from my experiences a lucid dream and an obe 'feel' different.. I enter a dream through wild, or I wake in a dream and become lucid.. OR, roll out of my body.. both feel totally different.

Last night, I had rolled out of my body..I tried (as you suggested peter!) to sink through the floor into another world..think I need a bit more practice there.. :lol: I picked my heavy dream self up and walked through the wall into my brothers bedroom.. I tried to wake him, but failed, worth a try eh!

So i went for a fly...Oh, I do love flying over the sea.. I decided to fly into the water, something I have not tried before. I was flying at such a fast speed too, like a rocket into the sea... WOW..If you have not tried this yet, get yourself under water :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2012 22:58

under water is cool - my best flights are into solid rock

They all do feel differant but explaining without placing anything in a belief box is hard
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”