Allow me to introduce myself..

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
accoladeZIIS

Allow me to introduce myself..

Postby accoladeZIIS » 11 Jan 2012 09:04

Hello Oneironauts. I'm relatively new to these forums so let me introduce myself. I will be going by accoladeZIIS here, if you wish you can just refer to me as "acco" as that's what people usually start doing. I am a 21 year old male in the US (any other personal information is irrelevant at this point). I've been working on lucid dreaming for a while now but mostly I've just been focusing on improving dream recall. I have always been terrible at dreaming, remembering about one dream a week and sometimes much less, but with the use of my dream journal I now remember at least one dream a night and sometimes as many as six (although this is relatively rare haha).

I've had several lucid dreams so far but I usually just get to excited and wake up... lesson learned and now Im ready for my next one.I am officially going to start working on my dream vividness now along side attempting more lucid dreams as my dreams still come off as hazy. Having a completely successful lucid dream should help this and I will also be experimenting with several foods as well as galantamine and 5-HTP (I have done plenty of research and am fully aware of any side effects). I also would like to mess around with a dream mask but they are just soo expensive.

My current short term goal is to have full lucid dream by the 15th of this month and I feel that tonight may be the night (crosses fingers)! My long term goal is to have lucid dreams at will by the end of next December. I practice MILD mostly but I'm also dabbling about with WILD a bit as well. I reality check regularly by counting my fingers, pinching my nose while trying to breathe out of it and putting my index and pointer finger through my palm.

I'm sure this is all useless information to you but here it is for anyone involved in this community. If you managed to read all of this thank you I appreciate it! Reply or message me, I'd love to chat and get to know some other people here and discuss more Oneironautics!

Chronos

Re: Allow me to introduce myself..

Postby Chronos » 12 Jan 2012 03:12

I'll just call you acco. Of all the techniques, I think your next lucid dream if you acheive your goal will be based off counting your fingers. MILD and WILD are very tricky. Within a few days if you keep reality checking, you will probably become lucid, wether it lasts seconds or for the whole dream. I wear four watches, one digital and one alalog for each wrist to do my checking. they're in synch and if the digital and analog don't match I'm dreaming.
If you first lucid dream in four days is acheived by WILD I'll be impressed. It is very frustrating especially when paralysis sets in and a noise inside your head breaks your concentration. Keep trying both though, cause if WILD fails when you drop off, a reality check still gives you a chance.
Good Luck.
ARE YOU DREAMING?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Jan 2012 04:39

accoladeZIIS wrote: I wear four watches, one digital and one alalog for each wrist to do my checking. they're in synch and if the digital and analog don't match I'm dreaming

I love it. Do you get people asking you about this? I have to say, if I saw someone wearing 4 watches, I would immediately do a reality check!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Chronos

Postby Chronos » 12 Jan 2012 06:01

When asked, I simply tell them it's for reality checking. But my campus is right next to an art school, and those art majors draw attention away from me, bless their eccentric little hearts.
Anyway, I find it's easier to become lucid while dreaming, rather than staying conscious through the sleep stages. And if you still prefer WILD, RCing is a good back up.
ARE YOU DREAMING?

accoladeZIIS

Postby accoladeZIIS » 13 Jan 2012 04:12

Had the longest lucid dream to date last night! although that doesn't amount to much haha. It took place over an hour but in several segments because I kept getting too excited and waking up temporarily (one of those was a false awakening which I managed to figure out because I always RC when I wake up). Odd thing is though that I never had full control over my dream. I blame this mostly on the fact that my dreams are not very vivid to begin with. I remember very small things being very real like my hands rubbing together (even with the four additional fingers haha) or the feeling of touching one of the dream characters, everything else was still hazy though. Alas, tonight I will be taking some 5-THP before bed.

Also, I have zero watches but have been intending on buying one for a while now

Return to “For Beginners”