Hello!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Enter_DreamS

Hello!

Postby Enter_DreamS » 11 Jan 2012 11:03

Hi it's Enter here and I'm still slightly new to the world of lucid dreaming. I've recently taken interest after hearing about it for a while, and now I want to experience it.

I've started by doing a few reality checks through the day which include;
1. Penetration of matter check simply trying to push my finger through my palm
2. Holding my nose and trying to breathe
3. When I can I try the gravity check by jumping, though when I can't i simply drop an object on the table.
4. Looking at text, looking back again to check if it has changed (I just did that now and the text hasn't changed! :P)

I also have a dream journal, and so far I've recorded around 4 nights of dreaming, none of which are Lucid.

I've set myself a simple goal for when I lucid dream, all I want to do is fly over various landscapes, I'll leave the other detailed stuff (Probably Kung fu fighting against a mass of ninjas! etc) for when I'm more experienced.

As I mentioned before I have yet to Lucid dream, I'm not sure if I'm trying to hard. I have even tried writing L and R on my palms and checking them throughout the day, to remind myself to look at my hands in a dream, but that hasn't happened for 2 nights. Am I rushing things? Or trying too many reality checks and techniques? I am also currently using the DILD technique, however I always forget to realise I'm dreaming, because no matter how ridiculous things look, they always seem normal as if it were my waking life.

Just thought I could use some pointers and encouragement! I'm not thinking of giving up any time soon, but I need a little advice from the experts! Thanks in advance. Enter
It's over.

R99

Re: Hello!

Postby R99 » 11 Jan 2012 11:56

Hai Enter, welcome to the group. LDs are cool place to hangout, and also discover ur innerself. You are a beginer, and my point of view is that its not about how hard u try, its about how u pay attention 2 ur method. I am trying to have LD since 2 months and i achived like 5 or 6 times. I know the reality cheks and dild mild or other techniques are some times frustrating but the achivement is greater. Dont make it too rush, its a new skill and it takes time. U just need to be patient. This site contains lots of info about LDs read it. Continue with ur practice. Good Luck.
I see the Truth now.

Enter_DreamS

Re: Hello!

Postby Enter_DreamS » 11 Jan 2012 12:20

R99 wrote:Hai Enter, welcome to the group. LDs are cool place to hangout, and also discover ur innerself. You are a beginer, and my point of view is that its not about how hard u try, its about how u pay attention 2 ur method. I am trying to have LD since 2 months and i achived like 5 or 6 times. I know the reality cheks and dild mild or other techniques are some times frustrating but the achivement is greater. Dont make it too rush, its a new skill and it takes time. U just need to be patient. This site contains lots of info about LDs read it. Continue with ur practice. Good Luck.

Thanks for the information! I'll focus more on doing the methods, and try not to think too hard about having a lucid dream, hopefully soon it'll become part of my routine and maybe I will eventually realise I am dreaming. Can't wait to share my first experience!
It's over.

Return to “For Beginners”