Please help!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ruane19

Please help!

Postby ruane19 » 14 Jan 2012 14:14

I’m 14 and a few days ago i was introduced to the wrold of lucid dreaming. i wanted to try it for my self. so, throughout the day i kept saying to myself “am i dreaming” that night nothing happened apart from a normal dream and wrote it down. Next day, i said the same thing but looking at my watch, nothing happened and wrote it down. I will try the techniques i've found out on this website,but can anyone give some advice please for a novice. And one last thing, if these techniques do work, would i need to do them every time i wanted to enter a lucid dream or what? thanks

Gooeymaw

Re: Please help!

Postby Gooeymaw » 14 Jan 2012 19:19

It might take a lot longer to have a lucid dream. But you're doing the right thing. Personally I keep forgetting to do the reality checks and telling myself "I'm dreaming", but I've been at it for a lot longer and most of the time I just spontaneously realize I am dreaming.

I forget where I read it, but another suggesting to get yourself to be aware of real lucid dreaming is to put aside part of your day and just pretend you ARE dreaming (during regular waking time) and try to think to yourself that you're experiencing a lucid dream. I had some success with that method. Try to think of it like building up your dream muscles, it could take a good long time to get them strong enough to have a lucid dream. I've notices a whole lot of younger folks, like yourself joining recently, which is really cool. I recall that I first began experiening lucid dream just around that age, but at the time I didn't know there was a word for it.

Hope that idea helps out some, but don't stop doing what you already were, either.
Also, I have more lucid dream when I read about dream in general, so this site and any book you can get your hands on on the subject will keep it fore front in your mind and increase your chances.

Good luck!

ruane19

Postby ruane19 » 14 Jan 2012 20:16

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to respond, and secondly, are you saying that if I keep doing these methods daily, i will eventually have a lucid dream? I'm not sure if i need to get some meditation Cd's and stuff to have a lucid dream. i would prefer not to. And when i when i do get one, hopefully, would i need to do the exact same techniques before going to bed to get into a lucid dream or will it just come naturally.

I'm sorry to keep asking a lot of questions and bunging all of my questions on to you and I thank you for replying. If you have any more beginner tips that would be useful to me, i would very much appreciate them.

Thanks once again.

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Jan 2012 20:29

Hey ruane19 , welcome to the group, i think u need a little study on LD, try to read For Biginers from home page of this site, it contains lots of info, i got my first LD by reading and thinking about it. Try ur luck, and good luck.
I see the Truth now.

ruane19

Postby ruane19 » 14 Jan 2012 20:33

Thank you for replying and welcoming me.

So, would i just need to to read and think about and then go to sleep as i normally would without thinking about lucid dreaming.

Thank you for the response

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Jan 2012 21:10

Dont just read the articles, read it and try to grasp what are they trying to teach, it takes time, u just need to be patient, its like a new skill to attain like learning to ride a bicycle. And also use a proper method mild, or wild etc whichever suits ur style. For some people it takes 1 or 2 weeks for some it takes maybe months, dont giveup on LD, its an amazing journy. I hope u got it. Gd luck.
I see the Truth now.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 14 Jan 2012 22:19

Yeah, just keep at it. I seem to have more lucid dreams when I am reading something about dreams that really has me interested. There are a zillion books out there on the subject, and most of them cover some of the same basic stuff, like reality checks, and affirmations, but not all of them really had my interest.

Currently I have two books on dreams that I am reading, Robert Waggoners book title Lucid Dreaming, and Sylvia Browne's Book of Dreams. Robert's book really had me hooked. He talked about things I had not considered or thought about were dreams are concerned, so some of his info. was really new and I had a lucid dream that same night, but I think it has less to do with the book than my own excitement of the material. SO what I am saying is that the book can be the very best on the subject but if you're not into it it might not inspire a lucid dream.

Sylvia's book covered a lot of stuff I was already really familiar with, but then she discussed day dreams in one of her chapters and discussed some things I had never considered. I hadn't thought day dreams were so telling before, but I think it's worth paying attention to them, too.

I've read lots of others, and often had lucid dreams during those nights when what I was reading was particularly interesting. So another suggestion would be to just read as much as you can on the subject, and try to make it fun for yourself.

Happy Dreaming!

ruane19

Postby ruane19 » 14 Jan 2012 23:10

Thank you both for your kind responses.

i will try to take on board what you have both said and with any luck, i should have my first lucid dream soon.

Thanks again

ruane19

Postby ruane19 » 15 Jan 2012 13:21

Just a few more questions, could i have your help and advice with please?

I've been doing reality checks, writing down dreams and saying to myself "im a lucid dreamer, i am dreaming" as i've been going to sleep. i've also read and taken in a lot of the information and know a fair bit about lucid dreaming. What else can i do that can ensure me to have a lucid dream. It's been about a week and i'm not sure what else to do. i getting a little bit fed up that i haven't had one yet. Ill try brain entrainment as i drift off to sleep , but do you have any more advice please? also, after saying to myself im a lucid dreamer and im dreaming, i ve woken up every time ive done it in the middle of the night, but i remember my dreams well. Will this always be the case or is it just when you start out. Please help.

Thanks for your help :D

Hypnos

Postby Hypnos » 15 Jan 2012 17:20

It might get tiring, but keep at it. Ive been trying for a round 2 months and not one LD yet. However dont give up yet, think about the positives. Like now that I have been trying a while my Dream Recall is a lot better remembering around 8 dreams a week. Remember this forum is a great place for support and help as well.

Return to “For Beginners”