Dream journal o-O

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidfailing

Dream journal o-O

Postby lucidfailing » 21 Jan 2012 17:43

What DETAILS and stuff should i put in my dream journal? how percise should it be?
Should it be a few sentences or a full descriptive play-by-play type entry? :?

R99

Re: Dream journal o-O

Postby R99 » 23 Jan 2012 10:24

Things that can help you. Things that can understand by u. It can be just words or whole sentencees. As long as it helps u, its perfect.
I see the Truth now.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 25 Jan 2012 01:21

If you're just getting started, I'd record every niggling itty bitty detail. This will help with general dream recall wich leads to higher probability of lucid dreams. Later on you'd just want to record the stuff that really sticks out. Keep in mind the more detail the better, but most of us don't have that kind of time on our hands. I personally have very high dream recall, but with an 8 to 5 job and then taking care of a house, I can't possible dedicate that much time to record every dream and every detail. Sometimes I end up regretting that when I sort of recall half and dream from some other time.

If I remember any spoken words, I try to record that, and I also sometimes draw pictures if I can't quite describe a thing.

lucidfailing

Postby lucidfailing » 27 Jan 2012 00:07

Gooeymaw wrote:If you're just getting started, I'd record every niggling itty bitty detail.

i dont exactly have too much time to record my dreams because i have school on weekdays and i usually only have 15-30 minutes to get on the bus so yea :/

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 10:46

A main part you should try and jot down in your journal, is how you where feeling.
I promise it will pay off. :)

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 27 Jan 2012 20:18

It varies from person to person, but it's more about helping YOU remember. Write how you felt, what was around you, strange happenings you experienced. Sometimes only keywords will help me remember an entire dream. However, I'd go into more detail than that. :P
There is no spoon.

Return to “For Beginners”