I can't lucid dream! D:

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
James

I can't lucid dream! D:

Postby James » 24 Jan 2012 17:12

Well this morning I woke up and decided to see if i could get anymore sleep after doing a RC.

I dreamt I was in tirabid (a place in wales I went on a school trip to)
In the dream i thaught "this could be a dream" and so performed my RC's
They failed

I woke up and as soon as i realised i was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

anyway does this mean my sub conciousness doesnt want me in its world? is it stopping me from LDing? (in my first LD i kicked my sub consious coz I was angry with him)

D:
Was it worth it?

James

Re: I can't lucid dream! D:

Postby James » 27 Jan 2012 00:27

Please answer someone...
Was it worth it?

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jan 2012 04:39

James wrote:anyway does this mean my sub conciousness doesnt want me in its world? is it stopping me from LDing? (in my first LD i kicked my sub consious coz I was angry with him)

Hmmm! Kicking your subconscious... that's new on me... :lol:

Sometimes reality checks fail, so don't read too much into it.

Why do you think they failed? Were you mindful in your question? What did you try to do?

I'll try to pinpoint where it went wrong if poss.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 27 Jan 2012 05:24

Rebecca wrote:
James wrote:anyway does this mean my sub conciousness doesnt want me in its world? is it stopping me from LDing? (in my first LD i kicked my sub consious coz I was angry with him)

Hmmm! Kicking your subconscious... that's new on me... :lol:

Sometimes reality checks fail, so don't read too much into it.

Why do you think they failed? Were you mindful in your question? What did you try to do?

I'll try to pinpoint where it went wrong if poss.

I have a lot more respect for you Rebecca, knowing that you are willing to personally help those of us who struggle with this art. I just thought I'd throw that in this thread.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 27 Jan 2012 08:40

In the beginning my subconscious didn't want me to lucid dream either. (I guess...) My first lucid dream was incredibly short. I became lucid and then immediately someone came running towards me and said, "You're not supposed to be here!" Then he waved his arm and flung me out of the dream. It was weird, but I haven't seen him since. ^_^ Just keep practicing!
There is no spoon.

R99

Postby R99 » 27 Jan 2012 08:58

Thats strange, did u guys doubt urselves in that dream. As long as i know, dreams are created by our mind, experience and feelings. Wat do u think? Its just my opinion.
I see the Truth now.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 09:52

Have you ever had a LD?
If you where able to ask yourself if you where dreaming, then you where close to an LD.
You could even use it as its own reality check.
I don't normally find myself thinking if I'm dreaming while I'm awake, unless I'm saying it to make sure I say it when I sleep.. (if that makes sense)
But maybe the next time when you say that to yourself in your dream you will realize in its self that you are dreaming from the question and then just try and make something happen?

Idk, its another way to look at it I guess. haha

R99

Postby R99 » 27 Jan 2012 11:57

Ofcoz i have lds, last month i got 6 or 7. This month not much coz lack of sleep. Anyway i used to kick in a ld with questioning the odd place and time in the dream RC comes second. In my ld most of the RC wont work, as i said before u gotta belive. And also when ur in a ld u need to keep focuz on the main EVENT that U R DREAMING or the ld becomes an ordinary dream.
I see the Truth now.

James

Postby James » 27 Jan 2012 16:38

I think its down to this reason,
In WR you never experience those wierd dream signs and also because every time you do a RC, nothing happens so you expect nothing to happen...
Was it worth it?

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 27 Jan 2012 19:07

So are you saying in WR you should expect something to happen and if it doesn't it's reality. If something does happen it's a dream?
Can't is a strong word... say you CAN! BE CONFIDENT!
jamjam

Return to “For Beginners”