Population in Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Gooeymaw

Population in Dreams

Postby Gooeymaw » 29 Jan 2012 04:08

There is something really bothersome about my dreams, but it's not just lucid dreams, either, just most of them, and that is that they're so crowded a lot of the times. I feel that this actually makes it harded for me to have a lucid dream because there is so much to distract me.

It only recently occurred to me to ask if this is something other people encounter.

How populated are your dreams? Are there usually a lot of people, or just a few, or are you often all alone. I think I'd be better off if I were to find myself alone in my dreams, then I'd be able to have a chance to reflect.

When I say my dreams are heavily populated, I mean it's like being in a mall the evening before Christmas full of people. I actually really hate it, and upon becoming lucid maybe a couple of weeks ago I attempted to vanquish the crowd so I could get some peace and quiet, but only a limited number of dream characters disappeared. Most of them stubbornly remained in place, and just went on their merry way.

Snaggle

Re: Population in Dreams

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2012 06:00

Huge variance in the population in them.

In flying, walking, driving and riding dreams I'm usually alone.

In dream beauty dreams I'm usually with a few of them in the day or with just one at night.

In guidance dreams just me and my teacher/master/sifu/devil/god.

In horror nightmares I'm usually alone fighting them or just with a few friends, the the overall cast is still dozens. If I'm a monster ( normally a werewolf) the place is quickly depopulated :twisted:.

In battle dreams the cast can be huge as in 60,000+, though usually is just a couple hundred.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 29 Jan 2012 16:06

Ha ha, hello fellow werewolf, then.

I forget the last time I had a one on one with a teacher. I know I had at least ONE of those.

James

Postby James » 30 Jan 2012 00:07

Cant you turn them into zombies and then play a 3D HD 360degrees zombie game? Itd be fun and solve your problem ;)
Was it worth it?

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 30 Jan 2012 02:31

I've never tried that, but I sure wouldn't want to turn them into zombies. I am terrified of zombies. If I can remember to, I might try something else that wishing them away. If they turned into butterflies that would be okay, though. Butterflies don't make any noise.

megabjarne

Postby megabjarne » 30 Jan 2012 07:29

I became a zombie once, but i was cured by a giant magnet...

James

Postby James » 30 Jan 2012 16:16

Gooeymaw wrote:I've never tried that, but I sure wouldn't want to turn them into zombies. I am terrified of zombies. If I can remember to, I might try something else that wishing them away. If they turned into butterflies that would be okay, though. Butterflies don't make any noise.

Oh, but if you summon a
Huge powerful gun and watch them being terrified of you, you could face your fear!
Was it worth it?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Jan 2012 00:30

Population in lucid dreams. That is a great thing to bring up.

Most of the time, there are only 10 or so people around. However, I don't talk to them all, so they are all not sentient, and some are really just zombies in mind. Like a 'SIM'. (I played that 10 years ago, and am out of touch). They look like people, but have no personality.

However, on christmas day, Dec. 25, I had what I would call a w.i.l.d. There's the darkness, the buzzing, I get that alot, but this time it led me to 'awaken' in a city. IT WAS TEEMING WITH PEOPLE! And it they all seemed like they had an individual personality. I didn't talk to them though. I would next time.

I'm not an out-going person in real life. I am not that talkative. Most of the time, (in a dream) I am in a room alone. Last night I was in a dingy room, like a basement, with furniture and clutter piled up around. BUT I LIKED IT. There was a door I could leave through, but the solitude was great, because I had full control over everything. Sure the scope of the world was small, but within that small dank place, I could conjure anything..., well now that I think about it, all I conjured was food and ate it. But it was awesome!

No people to distract you.

But I have experienced both and both are good.... but for me, I am alone most of the time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 31 Jan 2012 00:43

Wow... I'd really like to know what drives the population of dreams.

I would have assumed it reflects population numbers that you experience in real life - as dreams are basically derived from life experience, albeit conceptualized.

But the problem with this theory is I have lived in a city center and now in the sticks I really can't say I noticed any difference in my own dream populations...

So maybe it is a dream sign? If you have some kind of anxiety about crowds and this is an overshadowing fear in your waking life, it could be filtering into your dreams?

Or maybe each of these dream figures represents fragmented parts of your psyche. This is getting a bit deep but there could be something in it....?

Let us know if you talk to your dream figures in crowded places and what they say... I'm keen to know what they say when you ask them this question directly.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 31 Jan 2012 02:19

I became lucid just last night, and again too many people.

In real waking life I tend to avoid any place that would be crowed unless I really HAVE to go. Even if there is a movie I just have to watch I won't go on opening night, I tend to wait a couple of weeks when the crowds will be thin.

I forget, but I think I was in a mall setting in the dream, and I am feeling annoyed when I realize "hey, this is a dream!" Nothing specific to tell me so, I just typically spontaneously know I am dreaming. I attempted to just wish the crowd away. This seems to get the attention of the people. They were all just minding their own business, but they suddenly look my way. Nothing happens, they narrow their eyes at me, and continue on their way.

I then try harder, but I vocalize something. Like All you people DISAPPEAR! Or something like that, but they all continue being there. I am annoyed, but realize that I need not waste my time of things that obviously are not working, so I try something else. I go for the "show me something AWESOME!" or something like that, and I begin to move, like something is picking me up and carrying me somewhere, but I don't feel any thing touching me. This is typical in my dreams. I've referred to this thing that moves me as "the mysterious force" I never know where it's taking me. I was excepting to see something cool, but the force plopped me down in front of a very unremarable fountain. I think there is a sculpture of a frog in it.

I am totally unimpressed and make my request again, but only to be shown other un-interesting things. The second time around it was houses, and althought they didn't look like American homes, they had very high pitched roofs, they were not interesting to look at.

I am not going to give up on this, though. If I can remember I am going to try again to vanquish the crowds. I just don't want them around.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”