My attempts

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Mat11

My attempts

Postby Mat11 » 06 Feb 2012 02:25

Hi everyone !

So I try to have a lucid dream since 2 weeks and it didn't worked very good. I only had only one "real" lucid dream in my life and it was I think 7 years ago. The technique I used first was the WBTB for one week and it never worked even with brainwave entertainment. I often do reality checks I have a dream journal and I can recall 2 or 3 dreams in the morning. I recently tried to WILD but most of the time it stop when I begin to see hypnagogic imagery because my heartbeat become really fast (and I know it's not a hallucination) or I fall asleep. It almost worked one time when I saw a trailer of a movie but it was so short I can only remember one sequence and I couldn't read what it was written in between the sequences. I knew I was dreaming but I was just a spectator for only 5 seconds and then I wake up I don't know why I wasn't excited I couldn't even interact in my dream I don't know if I can call that a lucid dream. I think my mistake was that at this moment I tried to think of what I wanted my dream to be but it was too soon. What do you guys think ? What should I do ? (sorry for my bad english)

Snaggle

Re: My attempts

Postby Snaggle » 08 Feb 2012 09:35

Right back at you, nice to see a fellow Yankee here.

You already know you can lucid dream, so are ahead of many of the posters here. You just need to continue practicing and stop trying so hard. You should forget your body altogether if you can do it. You should not be trying to manipulate HI when you can't generate them with ease. Just ride them in to better HI that are more dream like. You're at the first step into a WILD. A WILD can be compared to entering a house. You're stuck trying to get through the gate into the yard (NREM dreams) keep trying and you'll be in the yard from which you can enter the house (REM dreams) Don't try and garden in the yard before you can get into it effortlessly and the same goes for the house, no remodelling until you've really moved into it.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Mat11

Re: My attempts

Postby Mat11 » 08 Feb 2012 19:02

Thank you for your answer. It's funny that I lucid dreamed the night after I posted this thread :shock: . I don't know why but I decided to wake myself up when I realized I was in a dream (like the first time years ago) in closing my eyes and re-opening them in reality. For the WILD it seems to stop after I hear strange noise it's weird because I stay calm the whole time (it happened 2 times).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”