Tingling Sensation in head keeping my up (and from WILD!)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

Tingling Sensation in head keeping my up (and from WILD!)

Postby Nocturnal » 16 May 2011 05:57

(Almost) every night when I am in bed trying to sleep, I feel a tingling sensation in my hair (I have relatively short hair) as if bugs are crawling it it. I'm pretty sure it's not lice or anything else, as I use dandruff shampoo every day (basically, my scalp is pretty clean).

Unfortunately, this keeps me from inducing WILD, which I have tried multiple times, as I always want to move my hand and itch my scalp.

Has this every happened to you? Any "remedies?"

Lucidity

Re: Tingling Sensation in head keeping my up (and from WILD!

Postby Lucidity » 26 May 2011 02:57

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer :(
I'm being no help whatsoever, but I do know exactly what you mean, so it's not just you. If I find out something, I'll tell it to you :D
Ultimate
Lucidity
Forever

Reality check now...Am I dreaming?

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 26 May 2011 03:25

Awesome, thank you for your support!

This bugs me every single night. I have even resorted to wearing a beanie at night.

Gen

Postby Gen » 26 May 2011 12:39

As it only bugs you at night I'm guessing it is psychological rather than physical.. (only a guess) Have you considered using hypnosis to solve the issue? Could it be that your expectations are set each night to create this distraction, and the more you focus on it the more distracting it becomes? Have you tried playing with self hypnosis to make it disappear or even making it a part of your WILD process.. Something like: "the more I focus on this tingling the more calm, comfortable and deeply deeply relaxed I become.." This is how I deal with random itches and tickles when I'm trying to do WILD.

The only other thoughts that come to mind is that maybe your scalp could be reacting to the chemicals in the anti-dandruff shampoo.. or may be dry due to over washing..?

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 27 May 2011 00:03

Gen, I think you might be right. I have a fear of spiders, so it is difficult for my to focus on this sensation as it feels like bugs in my scalp. Every night, I know it is not real and only my brain, but for some reason, I cannot help but to itch. I think this is a psychological barrier (that I hope to overcome)

I may also try some different shampoos, as I never used to have this before.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 01 Jun 2011 04:06

Hmm, interesting complex! Even if it is a psychological issue, you may find it helps to use a different kind of pillow case and/or hair conditioner. These physical changes can sometimes help with psychological quirks.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”