Invisible Barriers in the Lucid Dream World

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Invisible Barriers in the Lucid Dream World

Postby HAGART » 09 Feb 2012 05:08

Have you ever hit an invisible 'wall' you can't pass in a lucid dream?
This has happened to me before, not always, but sometimes. It happened recently again a few days ago.

I was in a lucid dream, and the world was vast. I waded through waist-high water, and climbed over mossy rocks. I was alone, but in 'nature' so to speak and it felt great. It was hard to travel quickly so I decided to fly. I skimmed the water and small islands and traveled a great distance. Felt like a mile or so.

Then, suddenly, I reached a giant fan and it was blowing me back. I simply couldn't get past it. I looked around for a switch to turn it off, and found one. I turned it off but I still couldn't get past the invisible barrier.

It was as though the dream world was a limited size.

In another dream I reached a fence and the other side looked like it went on for a great distance into the horizon, but it was just a 2 dimensional 'wall' with a vivid photo of landscape that seemed 3d. It was an illusion. I couldn't pass though. I could turn around and enjoy the one acre playpen I was in, but that was it.

Just wondering if this has ever happened to you....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

R99

Re: Invisible Barriers in the Lucid Dream World

Postby R99 » 09 Feb 2012 17:08

Is it happening now?
I see the Truth now.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2012 18:21

I've found that this usually occurs due to a personal/mental block. There's nothing wrong with the "reality" you're in, it's just that you've probably shut some section of it off from yourself.

Next time you find a "barrier"... give it a real good run at it and KNOW that you can go there. Don't just believe it... KNOW IT. The difference is in your Intent. Yell it as you run towards it if you have to.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Feb 2012 00:47

Sounds right. I agree.

But it's hard to take you seriously when you are just a kitten with an angry frog helmet! :lol:

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 11 Feb 2012 01:06

HAGART wrote:Sounds right. I agree.

But it's hard to take you seriously when you are just a kitten with an angry frog helmet! :lol:

That's the kitten of terror... don't tempt him. ;)
Or join my forums!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 11 Feb 2012 23:52

I agree with Ryan, the only thing stopping you is your ingrained expectation of resistance. You have to break through the mental barrier in order to pass the literal one.
Dreaming is my drug

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 13 Feb 2012 01:51

In my case it occurs when I am flying and I encounter a house. I will attempt to fly over it, but no matter how high I soar, the house just grows up right in front of me, endlessly for what seems like miles. Usually I will wake up from these dreams before giving up, I will just be flying up for so long.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 13 Feb 2012 05:35

Gooeymaw wrote:In my case it occurs when I am flying and I encounter a house. I will attempt to fly over it, but no matter how high I soar, the house just grows up right in front of me, endlessly for what seems like miles. Usually I will wake up from these dreams before giving up, I will just be flying up for so long.

hehe

That sounds like your curiosity getting the better of you. Subconsciously, you *WANT* to see what's in that house... so instead of logically going to the house, the house comes to you. :)

Next time, try giving in to your unknown desire to explore the house. See where it takes you.
Or join my forums!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2012 02:04

Gooeymaw wrote:In my case it occurs when I am flying and I encounter a house.

You know enough that it always involves a house. (maybe not always) but There maybe a connection.

For me, with my two experiences, my connection is... it has always been with a vast world beyond my scope. I think my skeptic mind catches up and wonders how can my subconscious fathom such a vast world? It is mind boggling! That may be what stops me, whether I am aware of it or not at the time.

Like most lucid dreams blunders like that (well, I call it a 'learning experience'), but like most lucid dream failures.... it is always US thinking too hard and anylizing it too much. We stop our selves!

But I am still going to study and question it first hand.... the way I do with 'real reality'.

SamSamSam

Postby SamSamSam » 29 Feb 2012 02:14

This happened to me a few days ago. I became lucid and I was in bedroom. All the lights were out and my computer screen was on which was lit up the colour white. I had a sudden desire to see if I could travel through the screen and hopefully encounter another environment. When I approached the screen I felt a resistance, like an invisible forcefield that emanated a few inches from the screen. To my disappointment the dream ended.
On reflection I should have read what was on the screen. It was the only part of my room that was lit. Oh well...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”