Suggestion Box

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Joebob
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Apr 2012 02:51

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Joebob » 06 Apr 2012 01:22

Rebecca wrote:
Joebob wrote:Hi, first off, I love your site. It's very informational and I'm working my way to my first lucid dream. I currently am frequently performing reality checks and such. The reason I am making a post here is because of your Inception article. You say that the limbo is caused by dying in a dream within a dream. This is incorrect. The reason is because Cobb and the others are sedated, so they are constantly avoiding Fischer's dresm guards, even in the first dream layer. You should reword it saying that they must avoid dying because they are sedated.

Thank you for your amazing website, I just wanted there to be clear information


Thanks very much 8-)

I'm not sure I understand you fully about Inception. Can you elaborate? I would like to clear it up if I've mis-spoken in my article, but I'm not sure how to re-word based on what you've said. What has sedation got to do with the dream guards? Eg, if they were sedated in their own lucid dream, could they not still go into multiple dream layers and therefore into limbo? (I think I need to watch the movie again....)

Lucky for me I can afford to be wrong about speculative fiction :D


For example, in the first scene, Arthur died in the second dream layer then went directly into the first dream layer. You word the article saying limbo is caused by dying in a dream within a dream.

User avatar
WildCat23
Posts: 137
Joined: 06 Feb 2012 23:27

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby WildCat23 » 10 Apr 2012 21:03

Could you please do an article about DEILD and FILD?

Thanks
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

User avatar
Rebecca
Site Admin
Posts: 456
Joined: 24 Apr 2011 06:21
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Rebecca » 15 Apr 2012 23:12

Joebob wrote:For example, in the first scene, Arthur died in the second dream layer then went directly into the first dream layer. You word the article saying limbo is caused by dying in a dream within a dream.


Ok I made some changes about sedation.

User avatar
Rebecca
Site Admin
Posts: 456
Joined: 24 Apr 2011 06:21
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Rebecca » 15 Apr 2012 23:26

WildCat23 wrote:Could you please do an article about DEILD and FILD?

Thanks


Sure, good idea...

DEILD = Dream-Exit Induced Lucid Dream - An opportunistic approach using WILD, ideal for light sleepers. There is already a bit on Dream Re-Entry in the guest article linked below, but I will write my own tutorial too: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-app.html I'll post here when it's ready.

FILD - Finger Induced Lucid Dream - A variation on WILD for when you're very tired. I'm yet to use this successfully (mostly for lack of trying) so I won't write it up until I've seen it work myself. In the meantime here is a Wiki tutorial on it: http://lucid.wikia.com/wiki/Finger_Induced_Lucid_Dream

User avatar
Arcadian
Posts: 57
Joined: 02 Nov 2011 22:30
Location: Mississippi, U.S.

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Arcadian » 24 Apr 2012 20:32

--> Joint venture ideas - will your idea blow my mind?

Rebecca,

I'm a film major about to graduate soon. I do various video work, from short films to commercials, editing and all. I'm opening my own business soon and will be slowly acquiring better equipment (HD cameras, sound, etc.) You probably already have a video-production person for your videos, but if you have any ideas of something I could film for your website let me know (considering only the projects I could make while being in a different country than you). I wouldn't mind making LD related videos for free when I'm not busy. So far, I've only done one project that's LD related. It's about false awakenings. The youtube link is on my signature. I'd film more about LDs, but I lack the ideas of something to do that hasn't been done before. Just something for you to keep in mind in the future! And if you have a cool film idea that you don't necessarily want on your website, still let me know because I enjoy creating videos!

As for website suggestions, I only have one and it's about the forum page. Can you add a new section for non LDs dream sharing? You may have not wanted the forum to get too off track from LDs, but sometimes it would be nice to share a unique dream that does not fall in the lucid category.
Thanks!
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

User avatar
Rebecca
Site Admin
Posts: 456
Joined: 24 Apr 2011 06:21
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Rebecca » 23 May 2012 05:15

Arcadian wrote:--> Joint venture ideas - will your idea blow my mind?

Rebecca,

I'm a film major about to graduate soon. I do various video work, from short films to commercials, editing and all. I'm opening my own business soon and will be slowly acquiring better equipment (HD cameras, sound, etc.) You probably already have a video-production person for your videos, but if you have any ideas of something I could film for your website let me know (considering only the projects I could make while being in a different country than you). I wouldn't mind making LD related videos for free when I'm not busy. So far, I've only done one project that's LD related. It's about false awakenings. The youtube link is on my signature. I'd film more about LDs, but I lack the ideas of something to do that hasn't been done before. Just something for you to keep in mind in the future! And if you have a cool film idea that you don't necessarily want on your website, still let me know because I enjoy creating videos!

As for website suggestions, I only have one and it's about the forum page. Can you add a new section for non LDs dream sharing? You may have not wanted the forum to get too off track from LDs, but sometimes it would be nice to share a unique dream that does not fall in the lucid category.
Thanks!


Ok let's talk! I have two video guys at the moment, Pete at Creative Media does animation, and Chris at Coast Media does live filming and production. But as a growing brand I definitely need more video content for YouTube and would love some helping making more viral videos. I'll PM you some ideas ;)

I'll also create a new sub-forum for sharing non-lucid dreams and see how it goes.

scorchgeek
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 02:12

NovaDreamer II Updates

Postby scorchgeek » 04 Jun 2012 02:17

I received the following in the Lucidity Institute's newsletter the other day:
NOVADREAMER V.2 NEWS: After 5 years of testing, we are ready to release the NovaDreamer to the world. Stay tuned, and expect announcements in June, and in the Live Webinar starting next week.


And buried in a comment on their Facebook page (posted in January):
Re: your question, "Hi i am wondering about ur novadreamer device, where can i get one?"

Right now, our training programs include the use of NovaDreamer devices during the programs. Upcoming programs are: (Oct 20-29, 2012 in Hawaii) and (not yet announced, June 30-July 8 in San Diego). We hope to make this a consumer product again soon, but need to have the investment and business structure in place to support such a venture, which has been tricky in these economic times.

We would love to see you at one of our programs. We will announce other lectures, workshops, and educational products both on Facebook and on our website as they become available. Please see http://www.lucidity.com/MailingListForm.html to sign up for our email list (no spam!).

Pleasant dreams!


Just a bit more info to add to the page about what might be going on.

User avatar
Rebecca
Site Admin
Posts: 456
Joined: 24 Apr 2011 06:21
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Rebecca » 18 Jul 2012 07:29

Thank you scorchgeek! I totally missed that in their newsletter.

I've updated my NovaDreamer review page... They also said there would be an announcement in June but I never got anything in my inbox. Anyone else spot any updates on this?

reynaldi
Posts: 19
Joined: 25 May 2012 13:37

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby reynaldi » 29 Jul 2012 08:02

hi Rebecca!

your forum is wonderful!
but i have a suggestion for your forum, why don't you make a "lounge" thread where online users can talk 2 each other
i'm just thinking, most of the threads here have only 1 topic
i think the lounge is the perfect place where LDers can hangout here
sorry for my english..

User avatar
Lucid Dreamer
Posts: 137
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 13:39

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 19 Aug 2012 15:29

Dear Rebecca,
Hello. this website has been all i needed to accomplish already 3 lucid dreams! there is so much on here! its like going on a treasure hunt! anyways, i was thinking that maybe you could add an article for the beginners about what it feels like looking back on a lucid dream once you've woken up. being a beginner myself, i was very confused my first and maybe second lucid dream. i kept questioning myself. i mean, i knew i was lucid dreaming but i just kept questioning myself when i woke up. i was wondering if it always is like this? is this how you felt when you woke up from your first lucid dream? maybe you could explain things like that. its just that was one thing i was wondering about and i think an article would be helpful to beginners like me out there. it could be titled something like, "looking back on a lucid dream."
once again i really want to thank you for all that you have provided for me.

thank you!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest