Dealing with WILD disorientation: Ideas?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Dealing with WILD disorientation: Ideas?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Feb 2012 19:23

I had another freaky WILD attempt this morning. Everything was going fine through HI, heard a voice for a second, saw flashing patterns, colors, the usual. Then a blank light colored screen with nothing. All of sudden out of nothing, snap! Screen change to 3 completely real drunk looking people that look like they are from a gang are walking toward me. Wow! This is crazy! O.K. I'm but handling it. They approach and stop and then one starts getting really close. I wasn't lucid yet, but I think I would have been soon after. Instead I panicked and got the heck out of there.

I'm trying to figure out how to handle that snap transition from 2D vague image pattern stuff into high def, 3D color, real as waking life. The transition is so disorienting, too much change too fast sometimes. I'm thinking I need to spend more time mentally preparing myself for this so I can handle it without freaking out. I still don't think I've assimilated this whole idea of how real dreams are. It's one thing to understand it intellectually, but another to be able to really accept it.

Can people offer any specific ideas on how to work on this?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Dealing with WILD disorientation: Ideas?

Postby Peter » 19 Feb 2012 19:58

you have just experianced it and can post so you are alive and well and therefore no need to fear it. All you can do is like you have break it into manageable chunks and think about them is isolation from each other. Then simply go back with the understanding that you have gained and with more control and it they bother you ask them why or simply tell them to go away. I suspect you were lucid but withdrew from that state because of uncertaintly about what was going to happen. I still do that at times when some of my deeper fears emerge from time to time.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Feb 2012 21:33

I don't understand it when people relate their dreams in a 2D fashion...
I've never experienced this kind of perceptual dream state before. All of my non-physical adventures are in full 3D just like the life I'm living right this very second.

Could someone attempt to define this 2D style of dreaming?
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Feb 2012 22:16

I am wondering if the referance is to some of the very first images of HI before the dream takes over although my HI is dynamic and not 2D at all
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Feb 2012 22:21

The 2D stuff is not really in the dream state, probably just part of HI. My dreams are all 3D, full color etc, and I suspect are the same as everyones else's.

But for me, there's a small in-between state in 2D, sometimes black and white. It is very short, maybe only 1 minutes or less. The problem is I get mental whiplash when the gears change, that's what I'm talking about. I guess not everyone experiences this. Peter, I just saw your post which occured while I was writing this. Cool!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Feb 2012 22:45

LOL - mid morning here and not sure about where you are. You might need to focus on the transitions or just forget them and they will come and go. Think of the others feelings etc that you have worked through and put them in that bucket

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Feb 2012 22:52

Peter wrote:I suspect you were lucid but withdrew from that state because of uncertaintly about what was going to happen. I still do that at times when some of my deeper fears emerge from time to time.

I was either fully lucid or about to be fully lucid. It usually takes me a fews seconds to catch my bearings and adjust to the new "reality". That's part of the problem, getting used to another reality. Before there was one and now there are two of them. It's quite a shock sometimes, going from HI to full-on LD, I can't imagine just getting used it. This stuff is crazy. I think they should play the opening to the Twilight Zone before every lucid dream. "You are about to enter a dimension of time and of mind..."

Peter wrote:You might need to focus on the transitions or just forget them and they will come and go. Think of the others feelings etc that you have worked through and put them in that bucket.

Thanks for the advice, I will start working on how to manage the transition and try to prepare myself mentally for it through meditation. I've also been asking to experience some of the more "negative" emotions so that exeperince of fear may be part of that. A couple nights ago I experience being very cold, quite authentic.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Feb 2012 23:20

Ryan wrote:Could someone attempt to define this 2D style of dreaming?

I think it's the software Rev. level.

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Feb 2012 00:52

I guess it takes a while, it been so long that I simply have two worlds or spaces and that all there is to it. I am either here or there. What I see is a lot of people doing medatation or other such things and my way of thinking is that the best way to move past any block is to keep experiancing as ofter as possible and normalize the event. Attack it head on and enjoy the ride

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 20 Feb 2012 02:25

Ryan wrote:I don't understand it when people relate their dreams in a 2D fashion...
I've never experienced this kind of perceptual dream state before. All of my non-physical adventures are in full 3D just like the life I'm living right this very second.

Could someone attempt to define this 2D style of dreaming?

Easy Ryan like watching a film or playing a Pc game-this is pretty standard in NREM sleep. The easy HI are also simply images and often actual slide shows, even though the images are moving in each snap shoot/picture.

lucidinthe sky wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to handle that snap transition from 2D vague image pattern stuff into high def, 3D color, real as waking life. The transition is so disorienting, too much change too fast sometimes. I'm thinking I need to spend more time mentally preparing myself for this so I can handle it without freaking out. I still don't think I've assimilated this whole idea of how real dreams are. It's one thing to understand it intellectually, but another to be able to really accept it.

Can people offer any specific ideas on how to work on this?

Lucidinthe sky because the transition happens so fast, there's really no way to prepare for it, so just observe it and go "oh duh" like me.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”