What time should I sleep?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sarah

What time should I sleep?

Postby Sarah » 24 Feb 2012 01:18

I usually wake up at 5am-7am! Mostly 6am. What time is appropriate to sleep? I don't really know so I sleep whenever I want, but I'm pretty sure that affects your dream status
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

lucidinthe sky

Re: What time should I sleep?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Feb 2012 02:17

I read a good suggestion on this in another post. Regardless of what time you go to bed and wake up, make sure that you have a total of at least 7 hours, for someone your age, 8-9 is better. Then divide the sleep time into two sections, the first 5-6 hours should be for sleep with no attempt to be lucid. There are a few reasons for this, first you are very unlikely to be lucid during time anyway so why waste your energy, second, the REM cyles are shorter (especially the first) and also your sleep is deeper. Leave this part of your sleep alone. Each REM cycle is approximately 90 minutes and the best time to try to lucid dream is after around 4-5 cycles.

The second part is where you attempt to get lucid either through WILD, WBTB or a combination of the 2. You can also use the other methods such as DILD or MILD, but I think WILD is the best. If you don't wake up naturally after 5-6 hours, then set your alarm clock. I'm lucky this way, I wake up every night after around 5 hours. I used to hate that, but now I love it.

Good luck!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 24 Feb 2012 02:26

I'm lucky this way, I wake up every night after around 5 hours. I used to hate that, but now I love it.

I used to too! But then.. Things changed.. and now it's so hard for me to wake up everyday o: But I guess I Should sleep now (8:25) And thanks! ^^ You've helped me a lot today and I really appreciate it!

natcrew

Postby natcrew » 25 Feb 2012 22:42

Most of the time I go to bed around 9ish
and wake up around 7ish, so that's 10
hours. (depending if it's a school day or
not (>'-')>
C:

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 23:08

Lol same! But I sleep like at midnight.. and that's not very healthy I know ><

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Feb 2012 02:51

Sarah wrote:I usually wake up at 5am-7am! Mostly 6am. What time is appropriate to sleep? I don't really know so I sleep whenever I want, but I'm pretty sure that affects your dream status

I'm curious to know your progress :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 00:57

): Idk. It's just not working out. I'm working on remembering my dreams better, but lately I have been so busy without any time to meditate. Actually the last part was a lie. Though I have no time, I do have time to practice, but the problem is that I have a VERY VERY creative mind >< Especially when it comes to scary things..

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Feb 2012 01:17

Sarah wrote:): Idk. It's just not working out. I'm working on remembering my dreams better, but lately I have been so busy without any time to meditate.

Just want to encourage you not to give up!! Sometimes it takes a while before you have the first one, it's hard to believe you can do it, but we know you can. I think having the first one is the hardest part, then that mental block is removed and it's a little easier, but still a challenge.

Sarah wrote:but the problem is that I have a VERY VERY creative mind >< Especially when it comes to scary things..

Ask for God to protect you and you know you will always be safe. I've had to work through a lot of fear and what I've learned is that fear attracts certain things, call them whatever you want, but they are destructive for sure. But the only power these things have is when you give them power by opening the door of fear. Don't let them in!

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 29 Feb 2012 03:38

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Ask for God to protect you and you know you will always be safe. I've had to work through a lot of fear and what I've learned is that fear attracts certain things, call them whatever you want, but they are destructive for sure. But the only power these things have is when you give them power by opening the door of fear. Don't let them in!

Thanks! ^^ I'll make sure to do that

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”