Alarm Clocks...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
James

Alarm Clocks...

Postby James » 24 Feb 2012 23:27

I hear people say "wake up naturally after..." ...but how? Ive tried mantras, sleep cycles... Most things infact. But how do I set off my bodys alarm clock?
Was it worth it?

Sarah

Re: Alarm Clocks...

Postby Sarah » 25 Feb 2012 00:28

I've had the same problem.. But gradually I slept exactly at the same time, and got up when I needed to, then I just happened to naturally get used to it! I can wake up naturally now... but sometimes I still need the alarm clock..
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Feb 2012 04:25

Wake up naturally should really be stated as condition yourself to wake up at a certain hour and find some way to set the habit into your mind. I wake up naturally at either 130 or 330 in the morning but this natural waking is due to many years of getting up to look at the share market and there is a 2 hour change in opening time due to nz and usa daylight saving times so after a few days I naturally ajust to this. . Naturally is more correctly un-natural and simply a habit that can become a curse if you are not careful.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

houseofleaves

Postby houseofleaves » 02 Mar 2012 08:48

To build on Peter's post, to wake up naturally at a certain time, you need to make a regular habit of waking up at that specific time. Habitually waking up at a certain hour trains your circadian (sir-KAY-dee-in) rhythm, which is essentially your body's alarm clock, to wake you up when you want to.

An example of this is waking up every weekday at say 6:30, then come Saturday when you plan to sleep in until noon, you find yourself waking up naturally very early anyway.

A google search on circadian rhythm will provide you a whole bunch of info.
"The madman is a waking dreamer." -Immanuel Kant

James

Postby James » 02 Mar 2012 17:03

Ok but do you mean wake at 5 hrs after you fall asleep or always at a certain time, even if you fall asleep 11 or 1 hours before it?
Was it worth it?

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Mar 2012 01:33

for me its a bit of both, a long sleep is around 3 to 4 hours but I will also wake up at a time if that is what I am used to.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”