Help with WILD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ikamon357

Help with WILD

Postby Ikamon357 » 09 Mar 2012 00:30

When initiating a WILD, I end up getting past the step on hypnogogia and I have almost completely paralyzed my self and suddenly I lose all paralysis and hypnogogia. My eyes open and I am very awake. Any way to prevent this?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

DreamSailing

Re: Help with WILD

Postby DreamSailing » 11 Mar 2012 03:53

i don't know, i have this problem too. i will be almost through the paralysis stage...or at least thats what i think it is even though i could move if i wanted to. i get almost through that and then my heart starts beating really fast because i kinda get excited, and then i am awake completely. for me i think i just need to learn to stay calm --__-- cause i get really excited when i think i might be successful. even if my heart doesn't start beating fast, i usually end up awake anyways.

i hope someone can answer this question, I'm sorry i can't i just wanted to post that i also have this problem.

ps: oh and off topic but...i love your signature :)
Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
~Owl City, in the song The Real World

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Mar 2012 04:52

I wonder if it is SP or you are trying to hard and getting numb from being in one position. it is a loss of awareness of normal sensory input that leads you there and from this an internal focus
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Mar 2012 17:49

This is probably one of the more common problems with the WILD method. I've had it too. I think the problem in general is staying aware, without staying awake. There's only a one letter difference between the two. :)

My 3 major WILD failure modes are: going into a very light sleep, going completely asleep and losing all awareness, or staying awake. I've managed to make sure that light sleep failure mode doesn't happen any more since that is the worst of the 3.

The staying awake mode of failure is usually from anxiety/excitement and determination to succeed. I have found that you need to maintain awareness, but also be relaxed while being able to let go at the same time which is difficult. I also had experiences where I just played around going back and forth through all the states for hours before finally going into an LD, but you need a long night in bed for that and do this in the early AM. hours. I would recommend picking a time where you have a long enough period to try this so you can have practice experiencing the different states and dealing with the transitions. Even when it doesn't produce an LD, the experiences can really be interesting and valuable, especially in HI. Good luck!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 12 Mar 2012 03:52

I dont have time to wake up in the middle of the night to do a WILD, so is that the problem or part of the problem?
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Mar 2012 06:09

if you are a sound sleeper I would be grateful for that and look at becoming aware from within the dream instead
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 12 Mar 2012 23:12

lucidinthe sky wrote: I would recommend picking a time where you have a long enough period to try this so you can have practice experiencing the different states and dealing with the transitions. Even when it doesn't produce an LD, the experiences can really be interesting and valuable, especially in HI. Good luck!

I rarely even experience HI, usually only when I meditate with no intention of lucid dreaming on that occasion. But I would say I've only experienced a moderate or really good hynagogic imagery 5 times tops in the two months I've been working on dream recall and lucid dreaming. When I read other peoples posts about HI, I am often confused and feel like I'm definitely missing something...
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”