WILD trouble

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Hansen36

WILD trouble

Postby Hansen36 » 26 Mar 2012 06:20

When I try to have a WILD I always find i have to swollow because of saliva build up. Is this why I cannot become paralyzed because I keep having to think about and move my muscles to do this?

RosenVitae

Re: WILD trouble

Postby RosenVitae » 27 Mar 2012 01:15

Hansen36 wrote:When I try to have a WILD I always find i have to swollow because of saliva build up. Is this why I cannot become paralyzed because I keep having to think about and move my muscles to do this?

Having worked with hypnosis and some meditation, I know it's normal for people to swallow alot when in a trance. Inducing trance and sleep isen't quite the same thing. I think your problem is that you're too focused (on relaxation) for hypnagogia to take place. If your body does not require rest (you don't feel tired atall), achieving hypnagogia could be tricky.

I have no WILD experience yet (beginning tonight) and I'm looking foreward to see if I can make myself "tired" by relaxing from fully awake. But I think the idea of inducing sleep at will requires the body to have a need for rest aswell.

Hope this is of some use to you :)
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Ikamon357

Postby Ikamon357 » 28 Mar 2012 03:32

I have this problem too. It is anoying and the only reason I have trouble falling into SP. one thing that occasionally works for me is to drink a sip of water before you go to bed. Also try having your head turned sideways while you sleep on your back. This makes me sometimes resist having to constantly swallow. I notice the temptation does go away when you stop thinking about anything, but that could risk you falling asleep.
What's the most resilient parasite? an idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite the rules. Which is why I have to steal it.
~Cobb

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Mar 2012 06:01

I have no idea why everyone is always talking about SP for a lucid dream when attempting a WILD. it really has no bearing at all and is something that mostly will not happen at all or so briefly you will wonder if it did. I have had a lot of WILD's (3 in the last 3 nights as well) and SP very rarely occours.

There is no step by step guide to achieiving a LD so dont expect it to be a linear process that you can tick boxes to acheive.

Go back to basics and feel your way into a dream. Also WILD is very hard and elusive if you are not experianced
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 29 Mar 2012 02:57

Hansen36 wrote:When I try to have a WILD I always find i have to swollow because of saliva build up. Is this why I cannot become paralyzed because I keep having to think about and move my muscles to do this?

What's going on is that you're worrying too much about a normal body reflex.

Let me ask you this... How exactly do you fall asleep at night? If you get an itch, do you think "well DAMN!! now I have to mess up falling asleep and scratch this!" ... or "uh oh, I have a lot of saliva... I'll have to swallow! that's going to ruin me falling asleep!"

Well no... you don't do or think any of that, you just calmly take care of the issue and go back to falling asleep. The same holds true for this. Just deal with it and move on. Don't fight it, cause you're only going to make the issue impossible to ignore. Don't fight with your body. :)

Give my free eBook a read, I've got lots of good exercises in there along with "straight-to-the-point" reasons for what we experience. :)
You can download it from the link at the top of this page: http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/xanths-phasing-primer/

Good luck!
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”