a cocktail and an LD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mia

a cocktail and an LD?

Postby mia » 06 Jun 2013 23:03

So. I like to have a cocktail on Fridays ( just one ). Do you think one drink is detrimental to attempting a SSILD or WILD on Sat early morning? Saturday is a good day ( no work and can sleep in a tad ), but I have never tried because I've assumed the drink meant it would be a no go. What do you think? Anyone ever have a successful LD after a drink the night before? I know 'drinking' is not advisable, but what about this limited amount?
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

DreamerMan99

Re: a cocktail and an LD?

Postby DreamerMan99 » 07 Jun 2013 00:17

I could see if you were partying, or binge drinking, it would affect your LD's.
Most likely, unless you are heavily effected by 1 cocktail, it should do no harm. :D
Have fun with that btw lol
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

mia

Postby mia » 07 Jun 2013 00:27

;)
I most certainly will.
This Friday we will have a 'Papa Hemingway'; a classic drink apparently devised by Earnest Hemmingway when he was living in Cuba. Just love the beautiful glasses, the paraphernalia, and the ritual. All so elegant. So I'll give the SSILD a go Sat morning too then I think.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Jun 2013 04:26

I have had some really good LDs after more than one drink for sure. The problem is that alcohol suppresses REM, but then your body tries to catch up. That's when you can have some good LDs. Alcohol can also help you to let go if you are the over-controlling type. But I think on average, you are better off with a small intake of alcohol. From my experience, drinking now and then doesn't have much effect either way, but drinking too much night after night will definitely hurt your dream quality and LD potential.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

mia

Postby mia » 07 Jun 2013 05:21

So there's a sort of REM re-bound then. I didn't know that. Interesting.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”