Lucid Dreaming/Sleep Paralysis

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sim B

Re: Lucid Dreaming/Sleep Paralysis

Postby Sim B » 13 Jun 2013 07:03

> can I try talking to it in comical way as a way of coping or trying to suppress the fear? or even speaking is not possible during sleep paralysis?

When you are under the effect of sleep paralysis, and realize it, then one of 2 things can happen

1. You are in a dream. You are only vaguely aware of your sleep paralysis. Focus on the dream. It might even be a False Awakening if it feels too real.

2. You are about to wake up, which will terminate the sleep paralysis.

So, what you can conclude from that is: If you are paralyzed, and cannot move, and no matter what you do, you still cannot move, that means, with absolute certainty, that you are still in a dream. It's up to you now to detect that. If you were awake, as in truly awake, you wouldn't be paralyzed. Simple :D
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

HAGART

Re: Lucid Dreaming/Sleep Paralysis

Postby HAGART » 13 Jun 2013 16:33

I was able to move my hands slightly the first time it happened. Then later I would actually get up and leave the room (which is hard to do, but it is possible). I too tried to reason and joke with my sleep paralysis shadow, but it seldom worked. (It had no sense of humor). After a while it stopped showing up. I still get sleep paralysis sometimes and it can feel like there is someone in the room with you. I sometimes feel like a hand is touching me. But after some experience and getting use to it, I just try to ignore it and think happy thoughts. Your fears can get the better of you and you can start to fear fear itself and you don't know why.

Now when it happens I actually start to feel gitty inside, because I know it can become a lucid dream when I get up and leave the room.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”