Lucid Dreaming capabilities

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
caboose131

Lucid Dreaming capabilities

Postby caboose131 » 13 Jun 2013 18:30

I am a beginner to lucid dreaming and I have read a lot about it lately trying to sharpen my knowledge for it and the different techniques to induce it. I want to know about the full capabilities of a lucid dream and the scale of which you can manipulate them. Like I have always been into military stuff and events like Special Forces and the different vehicles and weapons. Well in lucid dreams, fantasies come alive, but I want to know if it can be as alive as I think to be. Once you become better, is it possible to like lliterally reconfigure an entire dreamscape and put in your own type? for example, can I make the dreamscape war torn and basically taken over by enemy forces and make myself some top notch Navy Seal trying to fight his way to free the land? Like literally a fantasy of my own creation on a large scale, not just being aware that im dreaming, but literally shaping the entire dreamscape and myself and putting my own enemies and heroes in? Bascially in a nutshell, I just want to create an entire fantasy like a movie or story with events I choose to happen? or lucid dreaming doesn't extend that far and that I should stay away from inception? lol

DeltaV

Re: Lucid Dreaming capabilities

Postby DeltaV » 13 Jun 2013 21:12

Yeah, it's all possible. And more. There are no limits to lucid dreaming. If you can think of it, it can happen in a dream.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Jun 2013 23:02

If you are semi-lucid, you can control the dream and live out certain fantasies.
BUT, when I am very lucid, I tend to just be ME walking around and it's hard to create a whole scenario to live out. Because once I am ME in the dream it becomes very real and I feel very awake. But it is still loads of fun. I just interact with whatever comes my way and don't try to manipulate it too much. I'll be honest, it can be hard at times to change everything in the dream. All the terrain, people and even yourself. I tend to go with the flow and only alter it a little bit.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

caboose131

Postby caboose131 » 14 Jun 2013 02:35

ohh ok, thanks for answering, I really wanted to know if lucid dreaming could extend to that kind of range. So when you are in a legitimate lucid dream, completely lucid, not partial or semi, literally completely lucid, when you are in the dream, you are literally awake inside it right? like in first person and everything, being able to do anything as if you were in waking life? Like if want to walk one mile ahead and look around, I have that much control in a lucid dream? like as much as in waking?

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 14 Jun 2013 08:23

caboose131 wrote:ohh ok, thanks for answering, I really wanted to know if lucid dreaming could extend to that kind of range. So when you are in a legitimate lucid dream, completely lucid, not partial or semi, literally completely lucid, when you are in the dream, you are literally awake inside it right? like in first person and everything, being able to do anything as if you were in waking life? Like if want to walk one mile ahead and look around, I have that much control in a lucid dream? like as much as in waking?

It's not that simple. It is still a dream. In your waking life, you are aware of you being the real you, time passes, which is governed by laws of physics. In a dream... stuff like that is relative. Relative to your own lucidity. Everything is in your mind.

So, it can feel very vivid, but not quite waking life. It's different.
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 14 Jun 2013 13:18

caboose131 wrote:ohh ok, thanks for answering, I really wanted to know if lucid dreaming could extend to that kind of range. So when you are in a legitimate lucid dream, completely lucid, not partial or semi, literally completely lucid, when you are in the dream, you are literally awake inside it right? like in first person and everything, being able to do anything as if you were in waking life? Like if want to walk one mile ahead and look around, I have that much control in a lucid dream? like as much as in waking?

Yes, that's exactly how it feels. It feels so much like your awake in waking life, that sometimes I can't believe I'm dreaming even though I know I am haha!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jun 2013 18:49

When I am semi-lucid (I know it is a dream, but am not fully aware of who I am in waking life) I can sometimes float around and have a bird's eye view of the ground, but when I am very self aware and lucid, I tend to just be 'me' in my normal body. And I can feel very awake at times and it is hard to fly or do anything out of the ordinary. So when that happens it is harder to pretend and create wild fantasies in my experience. But don't mind going with the flow and interacting with the dream as it happens instead of trying too hard to create my own fantasy from scratch.

Although you feel awake, the dream follows it's own laws of physics and the biggest one, unlike in real life where "Seeing is believing", is the complete opposite in a lucid dream: "Believing is seeing!"
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 17 Jun 2013 10:11

Im the same as hagart.
Ill be me when im fully lucid. Ill just observe in amazement. Interact with things, ty to make people appear.

I believe, that if you take the time to create your dreamscape in your mind, to the most detail you possibly can without forgetting other important parts.. then yes, i think you would be able to create what you want.

I have alot of dreams at war etc.. only because im a FPS gamer.
But ive never become lucid diring one.

As long as you know the weapons you want, the model of cars you want etc.. once you ars experienced in lucid dreaming, that should be possible.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”