How do you describe a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
desertwolf181

Re: How do you describe a lucid dream?

Postby desertwolf181 » 18 Jun 2013 03:55

This is a great post but sometimes after i explain lucid dreaming to someone they dont seem interested at all for example my brother read my essay on it which included all the possibilities of lucid dreaming but he didnt seem interested at all. So my question is why do some people even after learning about lucid dreaming not care about it at all? Is it the work it requires or fear of it please let me know your opinion.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
But my question is what happens when you start to mess with the physics of it all?

Peter

Postby Peter » 18 Jun 2013 06:23

They most likely think they are close to what you or we do and dont think its worth the effort. A bit like describing pain, how do you convey to someone else how much it hurt and get them to understand without hurting them, telling verse showing.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 18 Jun 2013 14:51

desertwolf181 wrote:This is a great post but sometimes after i explain lucid dreaming to someone they dont seem interested at all for example my brother read my essay on it which included all the possibilities of lucid dreaming but he didnt seem interested at all. So my question is why do some people even after learning about lucid dreaming not care about it at all? Is it the work it requires or fear of it please let me know your opinion.

I think it's because a lot of people don't think they have the time to learn a new skill, are not open to new ideas, or they just simply think it's too good to be true.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Jun 2013 19:28

Wish I could take people along with me so they can see for themselves. No amount of words can really describe it because it is really pure experience. It's actually a real experience that you create with your brain and you get to see how amazingly real of an experience that you are capable of creating. You really have to experience it to know.

I tell people that my best lucid dreams are like being awake, not just knowing that you are dreaming, but actually being awake like someone woke you up. Nothing is fuzzy, you are fully conscious. Nothing unlike normal waking life only you know it's the dream world. Being awake but awake inside of a dream. I also tell people about the doubts I always have during the experience because it's so real and of course I am always trying to prove to myself that I'm not awake, touching solid objects a lot. That's so amazing.

Still remember my first really good lucid dream. I am sitting around a table in a restaurant having a conversation with 3 or 4 people there. Suddenly I realize it's a dream and "wake up". Feels like someone hit the 3D-real-life button. Everything just comes to life and I'm looking around at everything just blown away. My first thought is "NO FREAKING WAY is this is dream!" Next thing I'm thinking is "O.K. maybe it's a dream. Yes, it has to a dream. It has to be, because I just went to bed and there is no way I could have gotten to place, couldn't have driven here so quickly. But how can it be like this? WOW!" Then "O.K. just be cool now, don't mess it up." Still remember the whole thing like it really happened in waking life.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

mia

Postby mia » 21 Jun 2013 18:43

desertwolf181 wrote:This is a great post but sometimes after i explain lucid dreaming to someone they dont seem interested at all for example my brother read my essay on it which included all the possibilities of lucid dreaming but he didnt seem interested at all. So my question is why do some people even after learning about lucid dreaming not care about it at all? Is it the work it requires or fear of it please let me know your opinion.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

The few people I've tried to tell about it were uncomfortably silent. ??? I don't understand either.

I love LDing though. When I pause in a LD to really look around; everything snaps into focus and detail. I see how exactly like the real world it is ( minus the laws of physics); and it makes me feel that all of life is a dream ( I love that thought).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 07:21

It's like being in another world just as real feeling as our own but very different to our own... as real thou as your nightmares may feel when you have one.

I think everyone understands how real nightmares can feel and everyone knows what being in a world feels like.

sometimes after i explain lucid dreaming to someone they dont seem interested at all for example my brother read my essay on it which included all the possibilities of lucid dreaming but he didnt seem interested at all. So my question is why do some people even after learning about lucid dreaming not care about it at all? Is it the work it requires or fear of it please let me know your opinion.

I think its cause many people are just content with what they do now and dont wish to be learning about a new world one could say. Its like many people dont like reading books, many people arent interested in gaining new knowledge etc. (

(I once read of a study which showed the percentage of people who really was interested in learning new things.. the percentage was so low that I was shocked by it.. it may of been as little as 10% of people are interested in really improving their skills and learning and were life long learners after they left school/college age.. the rest.. just are content to stay like they are, no strong interest in self growth or exploration or development). So most, even if you tell them about LD and they believe you and dont fear what you say, wont be interested to work on developing this skill.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 03 Jul 2013 11:40

The feeling you get in lucid dreams is inexplicable, but explaining the concept and why it's so great is pretty easy, since almost everyone knows what dreams are and what they feel like.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 05 Jul 2013 13:12

Well, if i understand it you have succeeded cuz i've never had a lucid dream :cry: :x :( But i have a fair idea what it's like. When i first started researching lucid dreaming It sounded awesome and wondered why people didn't say things like omg this thing is amazing i wanna do it everyday it soo incredibly awesome, but i guess you have to experience it to explain it. Is it amazing?
And everyone read my signature below :evil: me and guitar are the only members on it and we're lonely. Join everyone!!! :lol:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”