Does everyone experience hypnagogia diffrently ?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SGraham

Does everyone experience hypnagogia diffrently ?

Postby SGraham » 19 Jun 2013 17:10

I'm asking this because i know recognizing and interacting with Hypnagogia is critical for WILD success. but I must have the most subtle hypnagogia ever, because i usually dont get any hallucinations. the only thing i experience is a sort of numbing vibrations.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Highlander

Re: Does everyone experience hypnagogia diffrently ?

Postby Highlander » 19 Jun 2013 17:37

I too have some sort of numbing. A strange thing is that my legs and arms feel numb as if i was cutting blood flow. I mean, sometimes, my arms gets numb and that's because i'm sleeping on top of it. Understandable. But sometimes i lay down on my back with arms and legs open, not touching my body, and several minutes after my WILD attempt, my arms and legs get cold and numb. And no vibrations. Is that normal?
As for hallucinations, i rarely have those. If succesfull i enter directly in a dream.

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 19 Jun 2013 18:31

Okay sounds good. Another question: should i start the visualization once i get the numbing feeling, or should i wait?
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 19 Jun 2013 20:00

I believe you should try at the beginning. I mean, when you close your eyes, visualize all abstract images that appear in front of you "in the blackness".
I once did this, then several minutes after i started to feel numb and some vibrations, then vivid images appeared in front of me. Once it was a tree. I focused on that tree and entered in a dream.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”