Lucid Lite

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Lucid Lite

Postby HAGART » 19 Jun 2013 22:03

Sometimes lucid dreams are deep and strong and other times they are just a light beverage, but still refreshing!
Let me explain.....

This has happened to me before but it happened again this morning. I had just finished a lucid dream, but kept my eyes closed and relaxed to see what happens. Sometimes it can become yet another lucid dream, and other times it doesn't work. But sometimes it becomes halfway.

With my eyes still closed, I started to hear voices and see imagery. The imagery is only two dimensional and I don't touch it or feel I am in it, but simply watch. The voices sound like people talking on the radio that is in another room. Hard to discern, but every now and then you pick up a few words. I saw a vision of a mountain in the distance and heard a man talking, and he was discussing how dream characters are hard to understand at times. (No coincidence that I was thinking the very same thing.) He said that when a person says 'maven' people often misinterpret it and hear the word, 'maybe', because they assume it makes more sense. (Maven is not common to me. I just had to look up the word, maven now and it is an actual word that I would never use). So I can see what this voice meant by it. Then I heard a woman's voice say, "So you mean I misunderstand it all?" I thought to myself, that sounds like how I would answer that. Is she me? I was seeing an image of a back yard of a house I use to live in as I floated around about twenty feet up. It was dark and undetailed like an after image left on my retinas when I close them on a bright day. That's what it looks like. I heard other voices, all male now and as I tried to listen most of it was like hearing people talk on a distant radio. I know they are speaking and the cadence and voice inflection is there, but the words are indiscernible. Every now and then I made out a few words. One said, they like to share lucid dreaming with all and it makes the world a better place. One said, lucid dreamers experience higher levels of bravery and fear. Another said there is a difference between knowledge and understanding, and seeing. And by seeing he added, not with your eyes but with any sense. The voices stopped and I was now viewing a city, but with old architecture. I was thinking to myself how I can ever describe how the images look very real, but aren't real either. I decided to see what would happen if I touched one of the brick walls. I couldn't feel it, but had the sensation that I was moving my fingers in real life. I saw a large poster on a building up ahead on the right and I was viewing it at an angle from my position. It looked like it was very detailed so I went closer and turned to look at it head on. Before I could, I started to hear noises from real life and I knew my focus was changing back to normal. It faded and I woke up.

Technically, this is not a lucid dream. Or maybe it is. IT'S LUCID LITE.
(If I was able to touch the wall and snap into it as though it were three dimensional instead of two.... that is a full blown, strong drink of a dream. But the light ones are nice and refreshing too.)

(EDIT: I added some color to spruce it up and try to express how each person had their own distinct voice.)
Last edited by HAGART on 20 Jun 2013 22:51, edited 3 times in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SarahDank

Re: Lucid Lite

Postby SarahDank » 20 Jun 2013 08:04

Very interesting.
When you as you saw a city... was it more so your imagination or like a dream?

I remember once I woke up from a dream.. (not lucid) and before in opened my eyes... I could hear so many voices as if I was at a market or shopping centre. Then when I opened my eyes, it disappeared straight away.

That's the closest I've been to, to something with sounds and being conscious

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jun 2013 22:30

SarahDank wrote:I could hear so many voices as if I was at a market or shopping centre

Yea, it can sound like a crowded room at times. And then I try to pick out individuals speaking, but of course because it is not a lucid dream I can't just walk up to them, I have to somehow isolate and focus on each one. This doesn't happen too often for me, and I would estimate 10 times. Far less than my lucid dream count.

SarahDank wrote:When you as you saw a city... was it more so your imagination or like a dream?

I know what you mean by the difference between imagination and dream. I was once very tired and going to sleep and I kept getting vivid imaginations in my 'mind's eye' without seeing anything. It is very hard to describe, because there was no sound or sight, but I just felt like I was in places doing things, and they changed very rapidly. (Like the hypnogogic state, but without visuals, just basic ideas and premises for possible dreams starting.) That's the best way I can describe that, and that is even more rare because that only ever happened once in my life so far in the past year.

So I did see vivid images, although the colors were simple the detail was there. Even a black and white photo can look impressive and it was kinda like that but with a little more color. That's the only way I can describe it. Other times I have had this happen and the images don't move and it is like looking at photographs, and although lacking in color they are quite vivid.

I've had lucid dreams start this way, however this one didn't pan out, and after I woke up and looked at the clock I realized why. I had already slept in past my normal wake up time so it was not meant to be. But then again, I liked it better in some ways. No need to ask dream characters questions, and no other dream distractions, just let them talk!

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 21 Jun 2013 01:27

Yep, I know exactly what you mean.

What you described in your second paragraph I call 'Pre Dreams'
Its just like the hypnogogic state - but more vivid.

for example.. When I used to talk on the phone late at night as I was falling asleep.. my mind would wonder off. It's just like a really vivid daydream, close to a dream but just not the same.
I would normally get coloured visions - One I remember very well was when I was talking to my partner before we went to sleep and I was so tired that I started to 'pre dream' about dogs walking around on their hind legs with aprons on serving drinks to people. (crazy daydreams but just more detailed)

I found that when I had a 'pre dream' I would more than likely have a Lucid dream that night.
I no longer have 'pre dreams' now. I think it was effected by my recreational use of 'green'

And like you I have had the 'Lucid lite' state, not needing to ask questions etc.. just kind of being with the flow and knowing that you are dreaming.

Lucid dreaming - just too amazing.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jun 2013 04:44

Pre-dreams are bizarre and when I snap out of them I feel like I was temporarily insane for a moment. The ideas have no common thread it seams. (I was going to correct the spelling then I realized it is a great unconscious, Fruedian-slip pun). I'll keep it. :mrgreen:

This however was a post-dream. And not just that, but a post-lucid-dream. I just kept my eyes closed and waited to see what happens whatever it is. I guess it would be the hypnopogic (or is it hypnopompic) state. I don't care the name, but there is a big difference between coming out and going in to dreams. Not to disagree, I like your reply, but just clarifying myself in case there is confusion............

Not just with you, but the countless others that are interested in this and will reply in droves! (<-- SARCASM :lol: )

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 21 Jun 2013 13:28

Haha yeah no problem.
So are you saying at all that you woke up and closed your eyes or?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Jun 2013 17:48

SarahDank wrote:So are you saying at all that you woke up and closed your eyes or?

Ah, I see how this can be confusing.
After a lucid dream, I like to keep my eyes closed as it is ending and wake up with them still closed. I can usually feel the difference in my mind as it is happening. There is a mental transition that is hard to explain and I feel myself wake up. I don't actually GET UP.

Interesting things can happen if you try this:
-This time it lead to whatever it was, (I dubbed it Lucid Lite for fun).
-Most times I open my eyes and am awake as normal.
-But one time I opened them to find myself still in a dream environment even though I thought for sure I could feel the transition in my head from sleep to awake!

Keeping your eyes closed and body relaxed as the lucid dream ends and fades is always a good practice. It leads to interesting things, not least of which is yet another lucid dream.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 22 Jun 2013 19:18

I have these nearly every morning in what I call "the twilight zone". Its like im asleep but i am awake, and still dreaming. They are maleable, and 2D also. Any movement I actually feel. I remember I dived into a bed (my own) and feel it in real life. Its like instead of dreams its my imagination.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 23 Jun 2013 03:39

Its almost like you're explaining a false awakening??
For the past 2 nights I have been in Lucid dreams... woken up... but only to find myself in another Lucid dream. And I really did think I was awake.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 07:05

HAGART wrote: This however was a post-dream.[/b] And not just that, but a post-lucid-dream. I just kept my eyes closed and waited to see what happens whatever it is. I guess it would be the hypnopogic (or is it hypnopompic) state. I don't care the name, but there is a big difference between coming out and going in to dreams. Not to disagree, I like your reply, but just clarifying myself in case there is confusion............

Not just with you, but the countless others that are interested in this and will reply in droves! (<-- SARCASM :lol: )

I tend to often confuse those words too.. here's what wiki says
A hypnopompic state (or hypnopomp) is the state of consciousness leading out of sleep, a term coined by the psychical researcher Frederic Myers. Its twin is the hypnagogic state at sleep onset; though often conflated, the two states are not identical.

The hypnagogic state is rational waking cognition trying to make sense of non-linear images and associations; the hypnopompic state is emotional and credulous dreaming cognition trying to make sense of real world stolidity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic

I just tend to call it hypnagogia as its easier. ..

Sounds like you were very close to entering another LD.. and inbetween the normal in between state most experience and the LD state. I tend to often go into a similar state when entering LDs, not all my senses may be in the dream at first, often my various senses will come into the dream at different rates (making entering the dream challenging as one has to try to stay in it before one is fully there) .. eg I may start hearing things of the dream and know Im elsewhere but I may not have a dream body as such to move around etc at first and still be in my physical body.

If you tried to interact with it more rather then just the one attempt when you tried to feel something.. you "may" of ended up being able to pull yourself back into a LD thou it would of been very light at first (so would of required much stabilization to stay there even once there, its not easy but often how I WILD).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”