a theory

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

a theory

Postby hunteradkinson » 21 Jun 2013 05:04

I have a theory on a way to go lucid, what if i set up binaural beats and every 15 to 30 minutes a voice would say you are dreaming, or are you dreaming of course you may have to be good at reality checks so what do you think of this, i came up with it while bored so you think it would work :?:

Re: a theory

Postby HAGART » 21 Jun 2013 05:16

I've heard of this before. Listening to a recording that says, "are you dreaming?"
It can certainly work, because we all know we have heard external sounds that can be heard in our dreams. Especially light sleep. Then when you hear it, it reminds you to pose the question.
However, I wonder if you do become lucid this way, will you still hear the voice repeating it and get annoyed with it. Or feel a need to turn it off. I know I would. But then again, 15-30 minute intervals is as about as long as a dream is anyway so maybe that's not a problem.

I bet it does work and it is worth a shot. What do you have to lose?
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Re: a theory

Postby SarahDank » 21 Jun 2013 08:35

I use this as my reality check.
During the day when I remember to do so, I ask myself a few times in a row.. am I dreaming? Am I dreaming? Am I dreaming? ... then when I want to Lucid dream as im lying down before sleep.. I do the same. This has given me many lucid dreams. Because I do end up asking myself in my dreams.

There's also the lucid mask.. that gives you flashes of light t let you known you're dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”