Interesting ways you have found out you're dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamChaser

Interesting ways you have found out you're dreaming

Postby DreamChaser » 24 Jun 2013 14:02

So whats the most interesting event in your dream which made you think "Am I dreaming"

Mine aren't the most interesting, but in one of my dreams there were 3 dogs running around annoying me and I started to get really mad. Then suddenly it triggered in my head "That's not my dog" and started to do a reality check, and realized I was dreaming C:

Another time I was talking with my family in my kitchen and it just occurred to me that my mother was wearing the most ridiculous outfit I've ever seen, and I told her "What the hell are you wearing mum?" and I quickly realized that I was dreaming.
Reality Check time!

Highlander

Re: Interesting ways you have found out you're dreaming

Postby Highlander » 24 Jun 2013 14:40

It's curious that, lately, one of the aspects that triggers my lucidity is the overall ambient where i'm in. I mean, prior to do some reality checking, i feel that i'm lighter, the lights are a little blurry yet so vivid, the air is soft, there's not much noise, all is calm. Even if i'm in a city environment. This is the first thing that makes me wonder if i'm dreaming. Only then, i do some reality checking.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Jun 2013 04:26

This happened about a week ago.
It started as a regular non-lucid, (well, regular, is open to debate after you hear this...)

I felt like I had thread weaved in and out through my teeth like it was floss tangled in my mouth. I tried pulling it out, but it broke and I only got a piece of it. It was not floss, but sewing thread. I tried again, and using my tongue to aid in its removal, I yet again couldn't get it all. Then I realized.....

THIS WILL GO ON FOREVER WON'T IT!

I just somehow knew it was a dream at that point. ( I mean, it should have been obvious, but once I knew, I knew, and didn't need any reality checks. ) I think it was a micro second thought where I realized, this is one of those crazy things in dreams, where no matter how hard you try there will always be more in your way and it will never end.

This is not a typical lucid dream cue, but hey, you asked for the most INTERESTING!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 26 Jun 2013 04:43

The craziest way I figured out I was dreaming was reading a text on my phone, and halfway through it I forgot how to read. The letters turned mumbojumbo blablah nonsense and i somehow instsntly knew i was dreaming! Crazy stuff!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 27 Jun 2013 21:59

I have two interesting things which make me realize I'm dreaming:

1. Sometimes, there's this...figure showing up, somewhere some distance away. Not too far away, but not exactly close, either. He's one of my "triggers", so to speak.

2. This one only happened once. I had a false awakening, and I started to take a shower. I turned the water on, but the water didn't turn warm. I shrugged it off and continued. But when I was finished, I stepped out of the shower, looked in the mirror, and noticed that my hair was gone. I was bald. Then it hit me like a brick: This must be a dream!

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 28 Jun 2013 03:59

My favorite, most interesting way I became lucid was by pressing a button on an iPad that said "Lucid".
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Imjustpork

Postby Imjustpork » 22 Sep 2013 02:18

The way i get lucid dreams is by training myself to know that i'm broke. Yes it seems a bit weird but i'll explain it. You see what i do i always think about think about things i can't afford, and when i'm going to sleep, i start thinking about things i could do with that expensive item. This causes me to get dreams related to that, and i instantly realize it! I call this BLBBB, (Becoming Lucid By Being Broke). What i usually think about is having an AlienWare laptop, and since i'm only 14 there's no way i can really afford that! Almost every single night i start realizing i'm in a dream when i go to my room and start using my "laptop". Believe it or not, nearly every single night i get the same dream, just in different places. Almost every night i get to control my dream because of this! Of course there are some weeks when i start to realize it, but i start waking up, or for some reason i just don't have enough willpower to trigger it!

:lol:

StrangeDreamer

Postby StrangeDreamer » 22 Sep 2013 12:32

A while ago I had a dream that I was at my brother's house, but it was nothing like his real house. I was sitting outside next to an old lady and she was telling me about something boring but I wasn't listening. I looked out over a green field and everything was vivid and alive. There were some sheep in the paddock and I was admiring them, then I looked closer at one of the sheep, it had a plastic bag on it's back for some reason...I thought it was quite strange and a moment later became lucid! I tried to tell the lady next to me that we were dreaming but she said I was being stupid and kept talking about whatever she was talking about, I just walked away. I don't know why the sheep had a plastic bag on it's back, some random things happen in my dreams...

In another rather vivid dream I had I went outside and started singing (Not very well mind you.), there were lots of cute little white lambs running around. It was quite a nice day, but it seemed like it was too bright outside or something and it felt kinda weird. Anyway, halfway through the song I hear a second voice join in, I looked to my left to see it was the lamb that was singing with me. That's how I became lucid...

Also I had a dream where I was at the beach, (Now that I think about it, I was a middle aged man :lol:) and I was wearing a suit, then I jumped into the ocean and watched myself swim away. I know it's confusing, I'm not even sure what happened, all I know is that is how I became lucid that time.

There have probably been other much funnier things but I'm not in the habit of writing my dreams down and so I often forget...
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." -Eames (Inception)

Errevet

Postby Errevet » 22 Sep 2013 18:18

Highlander wrote:It's curious that, lately, one of the aspects that triggers my lucidity is the overall ambient where i'm in. I mean, prior to do some reality checking, i feel that i'm lighter, the lights are a little blurry yet so vivid, the air is soft, there's not much noise, all is calm. Even if i'm in a city environment. This is the first thing that makes me wonder if i'm dreaming. Only then, i do some reality checking.

i recognise that. Very often i just 'know' it already and just for confirming, i preform a R-check right then.
But it happened to me not so long ago: I was just preforming a R-C out of routine in a very, very, very realistic dream, and it was a negative result, probably because i was too convinced that this wasn't a dream, because of its hyperrealistic atmosphere.
I demand -"Help me pile up those palettes NOW!!"
he answers -"...almonds" ??

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Sep 2013 20:30

Reality checks fail all the time when it is just too real. The physics work like reality.
Instead of testing the physics of the dream, I also ask myself where was I a moment ago?, how did I get here?, and who I am in waking life. (I get amnesia of my self identity in dreams).

This all happens after I already get the sneaking suspicion that it is a dream, but I still need to make absolutely sure before I go and do something crazy and either hurt myself or make a fool of myself.

If your first reality check fails, try another. And above all else, use some logic. It's hard to use logic in a dream which is why most are non lucid, but if you are already 99% of the way there, you are already thinking quite logically, and it can be the final hurdle that makes it fully lucid.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”