Shared Dream Experiment

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Shared Dream Experiment

Postby HAGART » 28 Jun 2013 23:08

I've heard stories of shared dreams or mutual lucid dreams.
In other words: you meet someone in a lucid dream (or even a regular dream) that exists in reality and then you can discuss what you both experienced and corroborate, and verify it with each other.

My hypothesis is that it's not possible, but I would love to be proved wrong.

What a better place to try and test this?
And no matter what happens, this will be fun, and gives us lucid dreamers something to do in our dreams beyond the normal self indulgence, (I speak for myself :oops: ) and share it with others for the fun of it. We might get some crazy, funny stories at the very least! :lol: And even if you haven't lucid dreamed before you can still participate and see if someone can share your dream.

STEP 1: Pick a person or people on this website.
(Make sure they live and sleep in the same time zone, so you both are sleeping and dreaming at the same time)

STEP 2: This is the hard part. Meet that person in the dream, or somehow view what they are dreaming. (I'll list some possible ways to do this and things to do in the dream in the next post. Maybe you have your own ideas.)

STEP 3: Wake up and write it down, whatever it was. Then share it here, describing it, using the other person's username and see how they respond. Maybe they agree and remember the dream the same way. Maybe not.

Warning:
I know this is not completely scientific and nobody should take the results seriously. Some people in this world, (not here of course :? ), tend to lie for the fun of it. You never know who will join this site in the future, so just keep that in mind.
Last edited by HAGART on 29 Jun 2013 19:49, edited 14 times in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby HAGART » 29 Jun 2013 00:34

Possible ways to somehow share a dream:
- ask to meet that person as a dream character and meet them that way
- ask a dream character what (so-and-so) is dreaming of at that very moment
- think of the person and the fact that you want to view their dream, just before opening a door and then step in.
- view a person's dream from a dream-television or other screen
- close your eyes and will yourself to teleport to the intended dreamer's mind
(I've never done this before, so I don't know the best method)

After you felt you are sharing a dream with someone:
- simply take note of all you see and experience
- if you feel like you are actually talking to the person, come up with a code word or a number for you both to recall after awakening
(Or come up with your own way to verify it)


I'll go first.

My name is HAGART. Call me Michael if you want, that is my name too. I live on the east coast of Canada (same time zone as New York). I tend to sleep between 12:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. (Give or take an hour)

I don't expect much, but am eager to try.
It just might be fun!
Last edited by HAGART on 30 Oct 2013 23:52, edited 2 times in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 04:13

Asking while in a dream for the persons full name (first and last) if unknown, can be the very best way to vertify a meeting if one previously hadnt had any chance to come across that persons name and hence no way of knowing this in the subconscious memory.

If you get both names.. first and last.. you can both check that the other person isnt having you on.. eg you can tell the person their last name and ask if this is true, if they gave you it in your dream and then veritify they arent misleading you by saying its right when it isnt by them, then by in real life then asking them for their first name and seeing it if tallies with what you heard in the dream.
...............

Im still currently investigating.. the sleeping man's face appearing in the alfoil of my bedroom window and so far it appears that two of the previous male tennets in my new home may of died here.. one Im getting all his bank details still being sent to my address and he hasnt changed his address with the taxation dept either so at this point I assume he may of died, while the other was ambulanced to hospital never to return within a month of me moving in here. (Ive managed to get the names of 4 tennets who previously lived here in real life in recent years so now just need to find what they looked like to see if any of them match the mystery face which appeared in my room). One Ive looked for his pictures online throu facebook but he doesnt have a facebook account, the others Im yet to search for on facebook.

Anyway.. photos are another way in which one may know thou in dreams of cause people may look very different so that aspect can be much harder to go by... best to ask the DC for their real name and then if you get a correct last name.. ask the other for their real first name to vertify, that way both will know if its true or not. Of cause only give out peoples names throu pm and not publically online.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby HAGART » 29 Jun 2013 16:08

taniaaust1 wrote:Asking while in a dream for the persons full name (first and last) if unknown, can be the very best way to vertify a meeting


Well, I guess I ruined that.

But another thing I thought of, and I will edit the first post.
You can simply talk to ANY dream character and ask, "where is taniaaust1 right now?" They might say, "a train." Then if I were to ask you if you had a dream of a train at the same time I had asked that, whether you were lucid or not, and you recall your train dream that would be very remarkable. The more details, the less likely it is coincidence.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby HAGART » 29 Jun 2013 16:28

I thought of another possible rule:
There should be a third party involved who is one of the participants, but wasn't involved in the shared dream experience between to people in that particular occasion.
The person who had the shared dream writes their account, and the person they 'channeled' also writes their dream, whether lucid or not, and they both send it to that person via Private Message. Then the third party copies and pastes the two dreams here. (Of course sometimes you may not want to share ALL your dreams that particular day :oops:. Feel free to decline.)

That way there is no influence on the other person as they may think they are remembering things that didn't actually happen, and reduces the risk that someone is lying. Not that I think everybody lies, but this makes it indisputable, which is important if you want to take this seriously.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Jun 2013 01:26

HAGART wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Asking while in a dream for the persons full name (first and last) if unknown, can be the very best way to vertify a meeting


Well, I guess I ruined that.

But another thing I thought of, and I will edit the first post.
You can simply talk to ANY dream character and ask, "where is taniaaust1 right now?" They might say, "a train." Then if I were to ask you if you had a dream of a train at the same time I had asked that, whether you were lucid or not, and you recall your train dream that would be very remarkable. The more details, the less likely it is coincidence.


If someone was on a train going throu some snowly mountains and the other is told that, or that someone is driving in a city to a bank or whatever, it still could be coincidental..many events are situations could easily be just coincidental. (that's why I personally prefer names when it comes to trying to prove something is true or not. it would be near impossible as just being coincidental to get a correct name if you've never heard it).

Maybe instead of a name.. two code words by each person could be exchanged by the mutual dreamers in the dream to try to vertify afterwards. The code words should be thought of in advance to lessen the likihood of someone giving someone a code word during a dream but then forgetting what 2 words they told the other.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamerMan99
Posts: 201
Joined: 27 Mar 2013 23:53
Location: In a world where nothing matters

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby DreamerMan99 » 03 Jul 2013 04:45

HAGART wrote:Possible ways to somehow share a dream:
- ask to meet that person as a dream character and meet them that way
- ask a dream character what (so-and-so) is dreaming of at that very moment
- think of the person and the fact that you want to view their dream, just before opening a door and then step in.
- view a person's dream from a dream-television or other screen
- close your eyes and will yourself to teleport to the intended dreamer's mind
(I've never done this before, so I don't know the best method)

After you felt you are sharing a dream with someone:
- simply take note of all you see and experience
- if you feel like you are actually talking to the person, come up with a code word or a number for you both to recall after awakening
(Or come up with your own way to verify it)


I'll go first.

My name is HAGART. Call me Michael Scannell if you want, that is my name too. I live on the east coast of Canada (same time zone as New York). I tend to sleep between 12:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. (Give or take an hour)

I don't expect much, but am eager to try.
It just might be fun!


HAGART, I live in EST too! Ill gladlu try this, sounds at the least fun! See you in your dreams

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby HAGART » 03 Jul 2013 12:53

It's less than an experiment.
I don't want to prove anything.
But it is more of an exercise and it will be fun to share with each other. That is all.

I already have some others to try and conjure in a dream, but if you chose somebody or if somebody chooses you, we have a fun story to tell afterward.

I wonder what I do in your dreams!
This is for fun and nothing more.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink
Posts: 405
Joined: 08 Apr 2013 16:48

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby LucidLink » 03 Jul 2013 19:06

HAGART wrote:I thought of another possible rule:
There should be a third party involved who is one of the participants, but wasn't involved in the shared dream experience between to people in that particular occasion.
The person who had the shared dream writes their account, and the person they 'channeled' also writes their dream, whether lucid or not, and they both send it to that person via Private Message. Then the third party copies and pastes the two dreams here. (Of course sometimes you may not want to share ALL your dreams that particular day :oops:. Feel free to decline.)

That way there is no influence on the other person as they may think they are remembering things that didn't actually happen, and reduces the risk that someone is lying. Not that I think everybody lies, but this makes it indisputable, which is important if you want to take this seriously.


Actual real experiments have been done, following these same rules with the 3rd party to send both dreams to, and the experiments have shown it's completely possible.
They even found lucid dreams suffer a "roarshach effect", where just like one person sees something different from some one else in the same inkblot, people may also see different things from the same dream.

For instance, one person thought he was in mountains in Mexico but another in the same dream thougt he was in mountains in Asia. People can even perceive the same dream object differently, although the perceptions are always similar even though their different, so sending both drems to the 3rd party is important so he can see the similarities in perception.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
Goldkoron
Posts: 257
Joined: 04 Jul 2013 05:01
Location: Middletown, California

Re: Shared Dream Experiment

Postby Goldkoron » 04 Jul 2013 05:28

I am very interested in this, but how will you connect your dreams? Imagining the same location for the dream? Scientifically, if our brains could connect to another person's brain, they would need to know the real life identity of that person and possibly have met that person physically before.
Do a reality check


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest