Speaking with your subconscious

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
bluebishop

Speaking with your subconscious

Postby bluebishop » 10 Jul 2013 03:23

I have been lucid dreaming for months but recently I have been trying to speak directly to my subconscious. The two times I have tried I came very close to speaking with it but the dream ending up collapsing both times. I was wondering if anyone has ever managed to talk to their subconscious mind directly? What was it like and do you do this on a regular basis?

Another reason why I ask is because the second time my subconscious revealed itself it disappeared on me when I approached. I was in a brilliantly bright and colourful garden at the time. I turned around and I saw a very disheveled looking man coming up behind me. Unlike everything else in the world, he wore dull colours. In particular dark and light greys. He came up beside me and started smoking, almost hitting me when he took his cigarette out. At the time, I did not know what was going on. The dream quickly destabilized but when I woke up I had this feeling that the man represented my inner fears. I am not 100% sure if this is true, but is this how the subconscious works sometimes? That is, does the subconscious work by telling you something symbolically and not through words?

LucidLink

Re: Speaking with your subconscious

Postby LucidLink » 10 Jul 2013 03:35

To ask my subcontious questions, I simpily ask the awareness behind the dream. I ignore all dream entity's, dream objects, and everything else and focus on the awareness behind the dream. Then I ask whatever I want, and the answers always come in different ways.

And yes, the subcontious usually communicates through symbolism, what do you think your non lucid dreams are? ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

bluebishop

Re: Speaking with your subconscious

Postby bluebishop » 11 Jul 2013 01:11

Yeah, it is weird though. Most symbolism in my non-lucid dreams takes a while for me to understand or I find could mean anything/nothing. When I have a lucid dream and ask a question the symbol makes almost immediate sense to me.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”