3rd person view problem

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ozcrash

3rd person view problem

Postby Ozcrash » 10 Jul 2013 20:12

Hi all.
Just found this site, it's really a great place with all the information I need.

So I have a question.
First of all, I'm not an experienced lucid dreamer. I could succeed only few times and those didn't last long. But I know what my problem is.

Anybody familiar with the dreams of gamers? Those who play video games really often (and probably associate with it with intense feelings) tend to have dreams in the 3rd person view. As if it were a game or movie. Now how does it work when you are in the dream yourself too? You are in your body and not at the same time. There is no distinct difference or distinct period, but you keep switching between the 1st and 3rd person view. I'm not making this up, believe me. There is research about this but not much. I remember 90% of my dreams from the 3rd person view.

So when I have a lucid dream, besides being pretty unexperienced, this gets in the way. It makes me lose power over my lucidity. Because I basically get out of my body a few times. Like, trying to get power back by looking at my hands, but I just can't because I'm not an entity there for a split second, I'm an observer. The most vivid time this happened was me staring at my own body, while being in it at the same time.

I hope I didn't just blow your mind. :D So post any advice or comments you have! Thanks.

Jacob46719

Re: 3rd person view problem

Postby Jacob46719 » 17 Jul 2013 11:22

I play hours of video games/day and I usually have 1st person dreams.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Goldkoron

Re: 3rd person view problem

Postby Goldkoron » 22 Jul 2013 07:24

My dreams are usually just from a camera point of view, I never really have a body myself, its really weird. I can possess and become any character, but I never am my own character, unless I want to ask a character a question.
Do a reality check

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”