Kinda strange but..

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
WildCat23

Kinda strange but..

Postby WildCat23 » 11 Jul 2013 02:31

So, um I kinda want to induce Sleep Paralysis. The reasons and stuff is kind of complicated, but one of the main reasons is I feel that it may be blocking my ability to lucid dream to some extent (The fear). Also, I'm pretty behind on sleep (Don't know if it helps or hurts).

Once again, it is kind of strange, but is their any way to deliberately induce it?
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Teraku

Re: Kinda strange but..

Postby Teraku » 11 Jul 2013 13:46

You usually get it as side effect from a WILD.

But what do you think is so special about it? It's basically paralysis, nothing more. And it can only occur once you're really close to sleeping anyway.

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 13 Jul 2013 07:29

Well, since it seems like you're determined on this, here's how:

First of all, don't be afraid. It's a completely natural response of the body to entering the sleeping state. You will be surprised though, as to how it feels. Don't be discouraged if, the first time, you just freak out a bit. It's normal, you will get used to it. Embrace it.

- Use the wake back to bed method, or find a way to lie down while being tired, and needing sleep. That is important. Wake back to bed: set your alarm a few hours before the time you normally wake up, let it ring, get up do some things, start the day (ideal scenario: read on lucid dreaming, read your dream journal, things related to dreams) for some minutes then go back to bed.

- Lie down, don't move. If it itches, scratch it, but revert back to not moving. Close your eyes, try to stay awake. Think of things, try not to sleep. Lie completely still, focus on your breathing (or not, depends on people). Focus on what your eyes can see (nothing: blackness), or what your immobile body feels (legs, arms, etc). Wait. It can take a minute or it can take an hour, depends.

- Eventually you'll sense a sort of buzzing in your ears and head, and your vision might turn whitish. That's sleep paralysis kicking in. Eventually it gets pretty overwhelming, the buzzing gets louder, your vision might start wrapping a dream world around you (ideal scenario), and your whole body starts vibrating. Other side effects can also be felt.

Then, congratulations, you are paralyzed. Problem is to actually enter a dream from there for many people. :P Most of the time, you either fall asleep for good, or wake back just before sleep really kicks in (make sure that it is NOT a false awakening. They can be VERY convincing during a WILD, for you never lost consciousness).
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 30 Jul 2013 02:03

Just throwing this back out there.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”