Why is dreaming a embarrassing subject?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Goldkoron

Why is dreaming a embarrassing subject?

Postby Goldkoron » 17 Jul 2013 07:51

I always wonder why I get the feeling that it is humiliating to talk about dreams and lucid dreams, its like my brain does not want me to talk about it. Does anybody else get this?
Do a reality check

Jacob46719

Re: Why is dreaming a embarrassing subject?

Postby Jacob46719 » 17 Jul 2013 11:19

only with dreams that I intend to keep strictly private, or that have elements embarassing to talk about.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 17 Jul 2013 12:55

Not at all. Everyone dreams so its very common . Ppl always talk about dreams whether they are LDers or not.
What is your definition of reality?

lussn

Postby lussn » 17 Jul 2013 16:01

In Spain nobody talks about dreams. It's a kind of topic only discussed by kids. But if you like it, talk about it, no matter what the people thinks!! Let's dream! ;)
NDs -> A whole life ;)
LDs -> +14
Let's dream!

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 18 Jul 2013 19:55

Here, in Portugal, the expression: "I had a dream about you..." is very common. Mostly women, they talk about dreams and its meaning all the time. As for lucid dreams, it's a subject still to explore. Not many people know about this, but this week a friend of mine told me that she is starting a psychology class and one of the topics they are studying is lucid dreams. Cool.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 19 Jul 2013 00:30

I know what your talking about - at first i thought if i told people they would think im lame - but then realized, who wouldnt want to control their dreams? Sure, dream journals can be like diaries, and society says diaries are for girls. Who really cares though? If People around you call you a pussy or nerd then they obviously dont really give a sh** about you, and arent true friends (also close minded)

Just dont let close minded people judge you and change you.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Boneflower-girl

Postby Boneflower-girl » 21 Jul 2013 07:21

lussn wrote:In Spain nobody talks about dreams. It's a kind of topic only discussed by kids. But if you like it, talk about it, no matter what the people thinks!! Let's dream! ;)

I live in Spain too (Holi :3) And even if I wouldn't that's a generalization, don't you think? Dreams aren't a very common topic anyway, I guess... It's all about to find the right people to talk about it :geek:
And all the characters that you will see or seen
are merely part of the dreamer... And therefore the dream.

lussn

Postby lussn » 22 Jul 2013 15:59

Boneflower-girl wrote:
lussn wrote:In Spain nobody talks about dreams. It's a kind of topic only discussed by kids. But if you like it, talk about it, no matter what the people thinks!! Let's dream! ;)

I live in Spain too (Holi :3) And even if I wouldn't that's a generalization, don't you think? Dreams aren't a very common topic anyway, I guess... It's all about to find the right people to talk about it :geek:

Hi Boneflower! Maybe I need to change my friends... The only guy who spoke with me about dreams is from Brazil. My friends, my workmates and the people around me don't talk about dreams and don´t remember their dreams...
I'm 27, maybe that's the problem...!
Sweet dreams! :)
NDs -> A whole life ;)
LDs -> +14
Let's dream!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Jul 2013 02:01

I like to share dreams, but some of them I like to keep private. They are the ones that are sexual in nature. :oops: Hey, we all get them, but it's embarrassing and it can sometime be 'too much information'. But we all get sexual fantasies and although they shouldn't be embarrassing, (because I know all of you get them too), it still something you don't want to blurt out on a public forum or even let your closest family know.

But in my dream journal I have to be honest with myself. For my eyes only! :oops: :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”