How to get into it again?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Deni001

How to get into it again?

Postby Deni001 » 06 Aug 2013 23:33

Hello. I'm a lucid dreamer for 3 years or so and I don't use any particular method of doing it, usually just by reading about it, thinking and being excited. But sometimes there are these "breaks" when my brain decide to take holiday and doesn't create any lucid dreams even if I try.

So any advices for me "how to get in it" ? I have a lot of ideas what to do, so excitement is not a problem. Maybe some little advices? Thanks ;)

deschainXIX

Re: How to get into it again?

Postby deschainXIX » 07 Aug 2013 23:29

Well, if you aren't meditating already, START MEDITATING. I think that (for me at least) it is the best thing you can do to get your brain ready for lucid dreaming. Also, try using techniques instead of just winging it as you describe.
Well said.

lussn

Postby lussn » 08 Aug 2013 12:35

deschainXIX wrote:Well, if you aren't meditating already, START MEDITATING. I think that (for me at least) it is the best thing you can do to get your brain ready for lucid dreaming. Also, try using techniques instead of just winging it as you describe.

DeschainXIX, could you recommend any tutorial or meditation method?
Thanks in advance.
Let's dream!
NDs -> A whole life ;)
LDs -> +14
Let's dream!

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Aug 2013 16:44

Absolutely. Here's what I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyy0ra2WcQQ
This is a link to a guided meditation. Listen to it with earphones on. Shut your eyes, breathe in deeply, and try to silence your 'inner thought clutter.' As you listen to the man's voice and drift deeper and deeper, just relax.
Once you are deep enough (thoroughly disconnected from your body and surroundings), think this thought over and over in your head.
Tonight, I will realize that I'm dreaming.
Try and give the phrase a certain rhythm of how you say it. This plants a subconscious suggestion.

Okay, so that's the meditation that I do.
Now, here's my most productive technique.

Tonight, set your alarm clock to ring 5 hours after whatever time you usually go to bed. Go to bed at your usual time, as you would do normally. When the alarm clock rings, GET OUT OF BED. Turn on the light, and read about lucid dreaming. Anything about lucid dreaming; you could watch a video, read an article on World of Lucid Dreaming, whatever.
After 10 minutes have passed, turn off the lights, and go to bed. You should be pretty tired, so it will be easy to go to sleep. As you drift off, say to yourself that same mantra:
Tonight, I will realize that I'm dreaming.
In the same rhythm and speed you did when you meditated.

You should have lucid dreams!
Hope this helped, tell me how it went! :)
Well said.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”