Guided meditation, issue or not?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

Guided meditation, issue or not?

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 26 Aug 2013 04:12

Hello, when I attempt guided meditation, I most of the time achieve a state of relaxation. In guided meditation, you are supposed to explore your surroundings and use all of your senses. There is only one problem, I tend to narrate every action I do. I narrate in my head, "feel the bark under your bare feet, see the leave's veins" etc. Is this a problem? I think it is. I have tried to stop it, but it keeps coming back, almost like reminding my mind to do these things. How can I stop it? Or even should I? Is this a problem?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Jack Reacher

Re: Guided meditation, issue or not?

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Aug 2013 08:33

Why not play with this idea, why not do both? Acknowledge that just because their is still dialogue in your head narrating your surroundings doesn't mean that you are not paying attention to your surroundings. You are limited to your dialogue, but at the same time you are also your environment, if that is how you wish to define yourself. Once you let go of that agitation your thoughts should be a little more deflated, the dialogue has less weight as you accept it.

At least, that's what worked for me last night.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”