A Game About Dreams.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Son Of Somnus

A Game About Dreams.

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:34

I'm very glad somebody has made a serious and competitive attempt to make a dream-themed game, even if it's an indie game.

"Enter the mind of Howard Phillips, a young man who has developed an obsession with his dreams. Discover unique interactive worlds filled with puzzles, secrets and horrors to find meaning in Howard's direction-less waking life."

I have played the demo, and can confirm that it's really great!

Watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln8iOaBdWjk

Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

tea

Re: A Game About Dreams.

Postby tea » 27 Aug 2013 20:50

thanks for sharing! i'll check this out immediately - a good dream-game yet has to be made. or it's that one, let's see!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Random

Postby Random » 27 Aug 2013 21:03

Son Of Somnus wrote:I'm very glad somebody has made a serious and competitive attempt to make a dream-themed game, even if it's an indie game.

For the record, I doubt this would have been made by a non-indie developer. Sadly, very few high class company's would bother putting a resources into a game of this sort, with little to no actual gameplay. And a big company wouldn't be able to capture the feel or scale of a dream, because their focus would be profit, rather than actually making a good realistic game, putting money into gameplay rather than fine tuning the feel or narrative of the game.
Sorry but as an avid fan of indie games, I just took "Even if it's an indie game" a little seriously, I doubt this game would be half as good if manned by a large corporate company.

All in all, this game is very good. I picked it up a few days ago on steam.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 28 Aug 2013 10:50

Random wrote:
Son Of Somnus wrote:I'm very glad somebody has made a serious and competitive attempt to make a dream-themed game, even if it's an indie game.

For the record, I doubt this would have been made by a non-indie developer. Sadly, very few high class company's would bother putting a resources into a game of this sort, with little to no actual gameplay. And a big company wouldn't be able to capture the feel or scale of a dream, because their focus would be profit, rather than actually making a good realistic game, putting money into gameplay rather than fine tuning the feel or narrative of the game.
Sorry but as an avid fan of indie games, I just took "Even if it's an indie game" a little seriously, I doubt this game would be half as good if manned by a large corporate company.

Of course, high class companies like to play it safe by choosing reliable genres to make games on and copying other sucessful games. This dream game is a risky move and I personally don't think it will be a commerical success. Even though I think I will enjoy it when I get it, most people won't be attracted to a game where you can't kill stuff >_>
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Random

Postby Random » 28 Aug 2013 12:22

Son Of Somnus wrote:
Random wrote:

Of course, high class companies like to play it safe by choosing reliable genres to make games on and copying other sucessful games. This dream game is a risky move and I personally don't think it will be a commerical success. Even though I think I will enjoy it when I get it, most people won't be attracted to a game where you can't kill stuff >_>

So true :P Everything is such a copy paste nowadays I have trouble justifying buying an expensive game. Generally I just stick with all of the great indie stuff on steam, cheaper and usually more original.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”